Yingluck gets 10-year visa from UK

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Yingluck gets 10-year visa from UK

Post by oakdale160 »

Summers in the UK, winter on the MED--tough life!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:30 pm
HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:43 pm ... if she has a visa she can only stay for 6 months and must return to the UK not more than 6 months after leaving.
Not more than or not less than?
If the rumour is true, she can't stay in the UK more than 6 months at a time and must return to the UK within 6 months. So as I read it, no more than 6 months in the UK per visit, and she can't stay away for more than 6 months at a time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I always liked Yingluck. I met her at a reception one time, not one on one but with a group. She was very relaxed, had a good sense of humor and was a little self-deprecating, rare in a Thai politician.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm not sure she wanted the job in the first place. A lot has to do with peer pressure from her brother. I think if you asked her now that if she could turn the clock back, would she still have entered politics. I'm guessing the answer would be a loud NO. But it is a guess!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I also liked Abhisit. He grew up in Newcastle where his father was a Medical professor. I think he went to Eton and then Oxford.
In public his English was fluent, but with a Thai accent. Again I met him at a reception, this one at the British Embassy where he spoke perfect "posh" English with no trace of a Thai accent.