Accident at Hua Hin Vana Nava water park

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Accident at Hua Hin Vana Nava water park

Post by kendo »

Theirs been an accident at one of the Water Theme Parks in Hua Hin.

A water park adventure became too thrilling for tourists stuck in the nation’s biggest water slide Tuesday in Hua Hin.

A visitor of Vana Nava Hua Hin took to Pantip last night to document the watery misadventure he suffered Saturday with three friends on a ride called the “Abyss.” Prior to being jettisoned into an enormous funnel, their raft got stuck in a tube due to suction from a pipe. After two hopeless minutes shouting for help, they were rammed and pushed out into the funnel by another raft carrying two ladies.

“I was on the curve of the falling abyss,” the unnamed user wrote, floridly. “My raft fell down in the strong momentum, which almost made me and my friends slip over the slide.”

The park’s management blamed the incident on a negligent employee.

Though the six tourists arrived safely to the ride’s end, the user said he was disappointed with the park’s safety standards.

The issue immediately drew the scrutiny of the internet, where questions were raised about the responsibility and safety of water parks, which have increased in number in recent years.

Vana Nava today issued a statement that it fired the responsible employee. It claimed the staff member neglected to follow its rules, which require monitoring a CCTV camera inside the funnel and communicating with lifeguards under the slide before letting a new raft float.

“The incident happened because of the carelessness of the staff who control the traffic of the water rafts,” read the statement.

The attraction, called “Abyss,” is purported to be the largest water slide in Thailand and reaches speeds of up to 45kph in a huge water tube.

The company claimed their design and operation is up to international standards.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 1448454070
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Accident At Hua Hin Water Theme Park

Post by usual suspect »

From it's opening at the end of last year, unofficial reports say 4 lives had been claimed in the 1st 4months..!!..???
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

usual suspect wrote:From it's opening at the end of last year, unofficial reports say 4 lives had been claimed in the 1st 4months..!!..???
Source please?

If 4 people died there (in such a short time) I'm sure someone would have picked up on something.

"Death Park" would be the headlines in international news.

Fortunately, this is not the case. Just more scaremongering and wild accusations by dumb dumbs. Personally, I'm really looking forward to my first visit there for my sister's birthday next month.

Note to self: Don't listen to dumb dumbs...

usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The source of the info came from an Englishman who let's say is in-the-trade..he helps design & construct theme-park rides worldwide..when the new water park at H.H.was mentioned.... :(
**(Mods please feel free to delete my previous post if any bad press may be generated from it. Thank you)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Accident at Hua Hin Vana Nava water park

Post by GLCQuantum »

No problem Usual Suspect,

That information you got is, of course, absolute rubbish. If they were knocking up a death every month it's not something that could be brushed under the carpet. That 'Englishman' obviously has a case of the ol' sour grapes due to not being involved in such a project. The overwhelming smog of self-importance can get the better of some people.

No harm done with your post Usual Suspect. You're not one to spout rubbish on this forum so people will be able to read between the lines. You were simply given some daft info which you innocently passed along.

:cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As far as I know, based on statements and publicity prior to the opening, the whole park has been designed by Americans/Canadians with years of experience. I think the 'manager' is a foreigner with 30 years of experience in parks around the world. Unlike other parks, this was not the product of a Thai company and is purported to be the safest in Thailand. There was no skimping on safety during the build.
But at the end of the day, trust is put into individual employees hands.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Admittedly..I am a bit of a sucker for gossip..
...Cheers lads.. :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I'd also heard [Mod Edit] rumours.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Grim Reaper
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Grim Reaper »

The above comment was strongly edited because it was unfounded and possibly slanderous without facts.

To continue down that road, you will need to provide facts and reliable sources.
You reap what you sow
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Sorry! I thought I'd worded it to make it clear they were unsubstantiated rumours. I'm happy with your edit. :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!