Yet another dead tourist on Koh Tao

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Yet another dead tourist on Koh Tao

Post by JamesWest »

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Bazoo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Yet another dead tourist on Koh Tao

Post by Bazoo »

Natural causes, she was reporting needing anti-biotics for chest infection for a few days on social media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... dered.html
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Very sad. If you read her story she talks about mixing her antibiotics with alcohol and valium. That is not natural causes! You dont die of chest infections and many people have suffered from that same bug over the last few months in Thailand. There needs to be more education about the dangers of mixing drugs, especially when you can buy them over the counter here in Thailand.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Christina, who was the former vice chair of Young Independence Yorkshire, defected to Ukip from Conservative Future in 2012.

Source http://metro.co.uk/2...rdered-5032045/

I wonder how the press will approach this one.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard, I'm guessing you've copied that link from elsewhere, as it is truncated the way this forum truncates links. basically, it doesn't work.

[edit] I think this is what you tried to post.
http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/22/british-b ... d-5032045/
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thanks BB

Yes I copied from another media source. Metro is a UK free daily found in main cities in the UK on trains, buses, cafes, pubs etc. It's a part of the Daily Mail group. There is not much more said in it that has not already been said in the other links posted. The point I was trying to make is that the distribution of that information is wide spread across the UK and will surely kick start the major media into some action.

Without any investigation yet I would hazard a guess of death by lethal cocktail of medication alcohol and drugs but how will the media react based on the growing reputation of the island.

If you've met many backpackers who traverse Thailand you will find many who revel in wild parties, excess alcohol and any kind of drugs they can find. The Balearic island used to be main source of such kicks but now with the world growing smaller SE Asia is the place to party and lose control.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

If a young relative or friend of yours talks of going there ,have them see a psycholgist, as they obviously have a death wish!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, several of my son's friends have visited us en-route. We warn them all about what goes on. Some listen, others think it's a wind up. At their age, I'd have probably assumed the latter.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

^^ Precisely. In your late teens and twenties you are unlikely to take heed of advice from your elders. After all we are past it and know nothing of the modern world.

Regardless of my pleas to realise the rules and culture here are different. My daughters and their friends who have visited me here and travelled SE Asia just shrug it off saying 'we are streetwise and know the ropes, after all we live in London (or Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc) and we've been to Ibiza'.

Anyway we're veering off topic
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

they rented her room out 15 minutes after the police removed her body.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/pos ... 85462602:0
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Look kids, Koh Tao, its a Killing Field. Farangs die there all the time--perhaps its murder,, perhaps its accidents, perhaps is bad drugs, perhaps its poisoned drinks, perhaps its local mafia--It doesn't matter whats causing it, if you are dead you are dead. All you need to know is that if you go to KT you could end up dead. KEEP AWAY!

And why don't the damn Embassies say something about it??
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

richard wrote:.... After all we are past it and know nothing of the modern world.
Never has a truer word been spoken. :wink: