Thailand tourism situation

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Re: Tourist Slump Continues

Post by Chazz14 »

Sorry if I upset you, Richard!

I'm always happy to accept criticism, but it would be helpful if you at least mentioned why you completely disagree with my comments...

(I confess that I have only lived here for a year)
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Chazz14 wrote:Sorry if I upset you, Richard!

I'm always happy to accept criticism, but it would be helpful if you at least mentioned why you completely disagree with my comments...

(I confess that I have only lived here for a year)
Chazz14,

You didn't upset me at all. I just thought your statement was due to a little naivety about HH. Please don't let me prevent you from continuing your posts on this forum. After a while you will probably realise I am guilty sometimes of firing from the hip. Apologies for my bluntness :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

OK Richard - thanks, but I'm still curious as to why you don't agree with my comments?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Chazz14 wrote:Maybe the ongoing dodgy economic situation in the UK might work in Thailand's favour by making a few more people consider emigrating here. Also, with building continuing everywhere this must surely result in a buyers market situation sooner rather than later.

Getting here from London is now ridiculously expensive (a friend just paid £840 on Eva on December 29th). Once you are here to stay though, you can live happily for less...
I paid £850 one way on Christmas eve in 2000, from the UK. That was with Thai Airways.
Anyone travelling to Thailand in the High season is going to pay a lot more for their flights.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

This blog post http://www.samujana.com/blog/thailand-secrets is featured on the BBC's website today. I couldn't help but find 'secret 2' "The Deserted Beaches" wildly amusing! Signs of desperation here!
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's advert as opposed to an independent blog. There are many to choose from. Just take note of the author ------
Amy is a sales and marketing professional residing in Koh Samui!!
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Good to know - I assumed it was a thinly disguised advert in any case. Hope I didn't offend anybody's (commercial?) sensibilities by posting the link!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well this step by TAT will ensure tourists will flock here wont it?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 1413179452
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.
I just don't know where to begin in unpicking that statement...
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

It's so short and sweet that it deserves to be quoted in full:
Thai Authorities To Promote 'Martial Law Tourism'

By Khaosod English

BANGKOK — The Tourism Authority of Thailand says its preparing to add one more tourist attraction to the Kingdom's long list of temples, beaches, and mountains: life under martial law.

"The TAT is preparing a campaign called '24 Hours Enjoy Thailand' to attract foreign tourists to visit Thailand under martial law," TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik told Thai Rath newspaper on Friday.

Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.

"We want the tourists to be confident that they can travel in Thailand both day and night with safety at all times," Thawatchai said, adding that he hopes to promote this concept by creating a "buzz" on social media.

The military imposed martial law over the entire nation on 20 May and seized power two days later.
Yes, I have no doubt that if they use the term 'martial law' in tourist brochures, figures will go through the roof. In Cambodia, Malaysia, etc.

I don't understand how anyone can complain about living in a country that is such a constant source of entertainment... :laugh:
This is the way
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

I don't understand how anyone can complain about living in a country that is such a constant source of entertainment... :laugh:
:lach:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

'24 Hours Enjoy Thailand'
Ironically, you used to be able to do that before they started closing the bars early, due to martial law!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

New slogan. If North Korea is too cold, try sunny Thailand.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

STEVE G wrote:
'24 Hours Enjoy Thailand'
Ironically, you used to be able to do that before they started closing the bars early, due to martial law!
from experience I would be carefull to speak about early bar closing time on this forum :naughty:

:cheers: :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The other factor is that the 'new' tourists from India and China stay for a relatively short time.we do not see many of these groups in HH, but this is very apparent in other resort areas.
Not easy to judge things in Sept/Oct/Nov when things are quiet. My guess, HH will not suffer as much as other places, the Scandinavian snowbirds will return.