Quote of the Day

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by PeteC »

^ Small bit of trivia is that Thai passports were printed in Thai and French up to 1977 when they were changed to Thai and English. Now you know. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

OBE, Other Buggers Efforts, spoken many times by my late Father!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

I do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men. - Nikola Tesla
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship (bondage).” - Sir Alexander Fraser Tytler (1747-1813), a Scottish jurist and historian
MY in BS full of BS.
“When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.” Stephen Jay Gould
JWWhite
Professional
Professional

Post by JWWhite »

"All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."
-Clarence Seward Darrow was an American lawyer, a leading member of the American Civil Liberties Union
MY in BS full of BS.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not today, but sometime in the past. A good one that caught my eye. :thumb:

"Buddhists and Muslims taught me how to be a Christian."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Maier

https://inside.isb.ac.th/www-klong-toey/about/

https://mercycentre.org

....if interested, dozens of articles if you search his name and/or the Centre.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source