Christmas 2015 is coming - it's official

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Christmas 2015 is coming - it's official

Post by Terry »

Did a bit of shopping for our restaurant today in Makro.
Whoopee - the Christmas Trees and deccies are all there................ :roll:
PeteC

Re: Christmas 2015 is coming - it's official

Post by PeteC »

Man o man...it used to be around Thanksgiving at end November, now Halloween! :roll: Let's make it the 4th of July for good measure! :shock: Give me your $$$$$$, that's all we want. :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Christ - in the UK, Tesco and the like were selling Mince Pies with a "Best Before OCT"!!! :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Bah Humbug I say...............
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Now try to buy a turkey from any Makro in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter. ---- bird flu scares causing no import of turkeys!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Really? I haven't looked but I hope something is around come December. We could always use a Thai chicken I guess and with that thought, the missing turkeys is probably all a plot by CP to sell more chickens! :idea: It will be known to history as the great CP Chinese Chicken Christmas Conspiracy, or CPCCCC for short! :shock: :cuss: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My friends at our local restaurant have tried ordering turkeys from various Makros, Tescos and other outlets. They have been told each time that because of 'bird flu' no turkeys are being imported. Problem eventually solved by buying turkeys from a turkey farm but at double the price of the frozen variety.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sounds like a lot of stuffing to me. I haven't read about any BF outbreak for turkeys, chickens or anything, anywhere for months. Sounds like a made up excuse masking something else. Those birds are frozen into bricks and stay that way for weeks/months. I assume if any BF present that would surely kill it. Pete
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:Sounds like a lot of stuffing to me. I haven't read about any BF outbreak for turkeys, chickens or anything, anywhere for months. Sounds like a made up excuse masking something else. Those birds are frozen into bricks and stay that way for weeks/months. I assume if any BF present that would surely kill it. Pete
Like you Pete, I haven't read of any bird outbreaks, but before we left the states a dozen eggs had gone up 300% in price due to BF :shock: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree. But that is what is being spouted as the standard reason by the big stores. Baffling!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"Two bird flu strains have been found in the United States this year. The H5N2 strain has been reported in Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin. It has also been identified on farms in British Columbia and Ontario, Canada. The H5N8 strain has been identified in California and also in Idaho, according to the Agriculture Department, and Canadian authorities confirmed the H5N1 strain was found in British Columbia, Canada."

Seems there is some truth in the rumour. Most of the top 10 importers have banned US fowl although Japan has recently relaxed the restrictions.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote:"Two bird flu strains have been found in the United States this year. The H5N2 strain has been reported in Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin. It has also been identified on farms in British Columbia and Ontario, Canada. The H5N8 strain has been identified in California and also in Idaho, according to the Agriculture Department, and Canadian authorities confirmed the H5N1 strain was found in British Columbia, Canada."

Seems there is some truth in the rumour. Most of the top 10 importers have banned US fowl although Japan has recently relaxed the restrictions.
Interesting, I had not seen any coverage in the states, except the egg price increase. But then the media........ :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I remember watching that episode and laughing soooo hard :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yeah, me too. I usually post the video once a year around Thanksgiving but it fit into this thread so well! :laugh: Pete :cheers: