Forum member 1 sandwich short of picnic

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Forum member 1 sandwich short of picnic

Post by dtaai-maai »

Gull sandwich snatch in Bristol sparks 999 call to police
Bristolian rang 999 to report a gull had ripped a sandwich out of his hands in a call branded a "misuse" of the number.

He told the operator the bird had attempted the lunch food heist in Bristol city centre and urged officers to check nearby CCTV for evidence.

In another call a woman reported the owner of a guest house where she was staying for refusing to cook breakfast.

Police are highlighting the number of calls they get in a day with 25 out of 1,000 on Wednesday "inappropriate".
This is the way
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Forum member 1 sandwich short of picnic

Post by Bristolian »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:. It wasn't me although I am in the UK at the moment, on holiday. :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

OK, OK... I was visiting the parents, but in my defense get very attached to my mid-day Tuna & Cucumber Sanrnie (too tight to buy Salmon) .... :oops:

In all seriousness, on both sides - reported "Tw@t" calls to 999 are ridiculous ("missed my train", "Ice-cream vendor refuses to sprinkle hundred and thousands etc.). These muppets have no idea of the problems or cost they inflict.

Seagulls are barstewards... and they're not small! They are renowned for going after waste bags on the streets - huge problem in alot of areas, swooping down on you for food (the LHG experienced this not too long ago.... although we had a strange tasting "Chicken" dinner afterwards.. :? ) - I for one would cull the buggers rather than the Badgers or Foxes...

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

:wink:

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

They made a fine mess when I had a boat in Devon, grockles thought it a good wheeze to feed the little, or not so little, buggers
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Are you from Devon originally Arcadian. or were you too, a grockle?
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

caller wrote:Are you from Devon originally Arcadian. or were you too, a grockle?
No grockle me Caller, a proper Janner.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

arcadianagain wrote:No grockle me Caller, a proper Janner.
So how come the other janner on here supports his local team, wherever he may be living, and one doesn't?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess one of them must be a plastic supporter :wink:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I live on the coast in Poole bay. The seagulls are a nightmare here. I think that they watch you ...because every time I get the car washed they poop on it! I think they wait for you to get back. They wake up in the morning here at 4.15 am, making a terrific din. I think they are getting larger, I think it must be the Mcdonalds diet from raiding all the bins.
I think I read in the paper that they also killed a yorkshire terrier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Siani wrote: I think I read in the paper that they also killed a yorkshire terrier.
Not all bad then... :duck: :laugh:
This is the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I live on a water front development in a three story town house and the apartment blocks in front of me have forward sloping roofs. In the corners of these roofs seagulls nest this time of year and as it gets light ( just before 4am) they make hell of a racket and wake me up most mornings if I forget to put ear plugs in.

I have to clean or wipe off dollops of seagull poop off my cars almost daily this time of year and you wouldn't Believe how much they can poop.

Tuesday's is our bin day and most of us don't put our bin bags out till the morning as seagulls know when it's our bin day so the night before their numbers dramatically increase and any rubbish bags put out will be ripped open and dragged out all over the street. Bloody pests but that's what you have to put up with living near the water.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

caller wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:No grockle me Caller, a proper Janner.
So how come the other janner on here supports his local team, wherever he may be living, and one doesn't?
Do keep up Caller, we had a discussion some time ago as to why we support the team we do, for me it is because of family connections in Wood Green, N22, just a couple of stops from Arsenal. The first match I remember is the 1950 Cup Final when Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-0 and my father was there. My most local team was Torquay United, now in a downward spiral.
I sensed you would be setting me up for a plastic supporter remark, nice try, now let`s get back to the topic in hand. :cheers:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Big Boy wrote:I guess one of them must be a plastic supporter :wink:
And there`s me thinking you really were an Argyle supporter. :twisted:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

arcadianagain wrote:[The first match I remember is the 1950 Cup Final when Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-0 and my father was there. My most local team was Torquay United
Yes, I can see the temptation, for some, of not wanting to support their local team in such circumstances.
Talk is cheap