How Was Your Day in Thailand Today?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: How Was Your Day in Thailand Today?

Post by GLCQuantum »

caller wrote:And actually, going back to the OP, my day was pretty crap! I'm in Bangers for a week as the other half is attending meetings here, but not today, today she had a day off and she was in a London mood.

So after brekky, we got a cab to a place called London Street, which is a stupid miniature pastiche of Westminster Palace and a sort of lookalike Big Ben with half a dozen restaurants inside, a 'mock-up' of a London bus, a real black cab, a few union flags and an underground sign and map.

Ten minutes later we got another cab to Gateway at Ekamai. Why? Because a new 'attraction' has just opened on the top floor called 'Snow Town'. Basically a big rink with artificial snow and nice cool temperatures, surrounded by eating places. The kids were loving it, with toboggans and things. I don't think they're aware of snowball fights though.

Next, a train to On Nut and another cab to a place called, wait for it, 'Pickadaily'! I mean, FFS, who creates this stuff? Another pastiche of English buildings I guess, with some sort of tower and at it's centre, a mini version of Eros, It's basically a shopping mall that must be about 85% empty. They even have displays of plastic fruit and flowers. The day was just getting better and better.

Then another taxi to take us to some outlying BTS station as the traffic was too bad to head in. Then a quick sojourn to the hotel, before heading off for more shopping - bliss! This time to a place called 'Thaiasiatique' on the banks of the river, which we had to cross. We never made it, we got to the BTs station needed for the river crossing but en route the heavens had opened - there must be a God after all - and the rain was so heavy that said lady decided not tonight Josephine and we headed back without ever leaving the sanctity of the station. So, by this time both starving, we stopped at Siam and ended up in the food hall, so at least the food was cheap(ish). Then it was back to the hotel, where I am sat writing this.

And that my friends, is how to live the high life in Bangkok! :roll: Thankfully she's at work for the rest of the week!!
Good post Caller - It's what this thread should be about. Forget my babble - let's have more like this. Everyday someone /somewhere has some sort of an amusing/strange day here.

:cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Evening...
GLCQuantum wrote:This forum has got silly now. It has died it's death. Unfortunate turn of events.

Morning...
GLCQuantum wrote:Apologies Lev... there was no need for that remark from myself.

Which GLCQ do you prefer?
Dr Jekyll...
cringing.jpg
cringing.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 284 times
or Mr Hyde?
snarling-dog.jpg
snarling-dog.jpg (18.53 KiB) Viewed 284 times
:laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

dtaai-maai wrote:Evening...
GLCQuantum wrote:This forum has got silly now. It has died it's death. Unfortunate turn of events.

Morning...
GLCQuantum wrote:Apologies Lev... there was no need for that remark from myself.

Dr Jekyll...
cringing.jpg
or Mr Hyde?
snarling-dog.jpg
There's a narrow path between insanity and genius of which I ride very precariously on my bicycle.

:wink:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Never made the football, as after eating brekky, I slipped on a wet floor that the hotel had conveniently forgotten to put any warning signs out for! Bruised elbow and back (where I fell against a step) and various other aches and pains. They were very apologetic and sent up some fresh fruit and flowers , but this trip sure won't be one to remember, not for the right reasons anyway!
Talk is cheap
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

dtaai-maai wrote:Evening...

Morning...

Dr Jekyll...
cringing.jpg
or Mr Hyde?
snarling-dog.jpg

He is typical Bi-Polar “Bipolar disorder, formerly known as manic depression, is a condition that affects your moods, which can swing from one extreme to another”.
Thailand is not a great place for that, he needs to get back to the UK, a few months back he seemed to be making moves.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Thanks very much for sharing that information. How kind of you.