Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Big Boy

Re: Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair

Post by Big Boy »

Returning to topic, do you know desythai (who I believe is organising this and other festivals in the UK this year)? Her prices are quite expensive, and I wonder who the profits are going to. If you look at her website, she organises some dubious Thai (Gentlemen guest only) parties at extortionate prices.

She calls herself an entrepeneur, but I can think of other titles.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Apologies for the above, I've just been reminding myself about desythai, and it seems she is NOT organising the Bournemouth Festival this year.

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Just a reminder to all members who are in the UK ...today and tomorrow is the Poole Thai festival.
http://poolethaifestival.co.uk/

Authentic Thai Cuisine
◾Thai Rice Filed
◾Lady Boy Shows
◾ Miss Thailand of Great Britain 2013 Competition
◾Muay Thai Boxing & Free Coaching for Children
◾Traditional Thai Dancing and Music
◾Thai Beer Garden
◾ "I AM BRITISH, GET ME OUT OF HERE"! Eating Competition
◾Traditional Thai Massage
◾Live Cooking Demonstrations
◾Thai Carving and Produce Stalls
◾Fun Fair for Children
◾Children's Fashion Shows

Baiter Park on 7th – 8th September

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Siani
We went to the Bournemouth one this year didn't seem as good as previous years, looking out the window i think i will give the Poole one a miss it's belting down outside.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

kendo wrote:Siani
We went to the Bournemouth one this year didn't seem as good as previous years, looking out the window i think i will give the Poole one a miss it's belting down outside.

Kendo. :cheers:
It's sunny here today in Poole. 8)
I think the Poole show is bigger than the Bournemouth one Kendo...have a look at the youtube video in my last post. It is on for 2 days as well, making it a bigger event. I just looked at the weather for tomorrow and it looks ok, maybe the odd shower....like Thailand LOL! :duck:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been looking at photos - looks as though the weather held off, and a good day was had by all. One observation though - probably the most unladylike ladyboys ever e.g.:
ladyboy.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

[color=#000080 Thanks BB :) ]It was a good event..shame it rained on the second day. A huge turn out in a lovely place, it looks as though everyone enjoyed it. :thumb: [/color]
buksida

Post by buksida »

These events look quite impressive, didn't realise there are such large Thai communities in the UK.

Can you imagine a bunch of farangs being allowed to setup a festival to promote their own countries here ... :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When Mrs BB moved to the UK back in 1990, it took us 6 months to find another Thai living there.

When we left in 2012, there seemed to be a couple of Thais living in every road - yes, a very large Thai community.

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

buksida wrote: Can you imagine a bunch of farangs being allowed to setup a festival to promote their own countries here ... :duck:
Do we really need to when we have great big permanent homages such as Asiatique and Veniziea ? :duck: :duck:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Pleng wrote:
buksida wrote: Can you imagine a bunch of farangs being allowed to setup a festival to promote their own countries here ... :duck:
Do we really need to when we have great big permanent homages such as Asiatique and Veniziea ? :duck: :duck:
I think it is rather nice to have events like these. What a boring world we would live in if we didn't. Also, not everyone can afford to go on holiday let alone live in Thailand :P So it does give a "glimpse" of what people are like from these countries.
How lovely it is for other cultures to bring events like this to our country. The smiling faces on the children, the food tasting, dancing, music....why not?? Also they have raised a great sum of money for charity. It's only once a year in our town and the same in in the next town.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Buksi, similar events are held up and down the Country all through the summer months. If so desired and prepared to travel, you could probably attend one most weekends.

When my wife came to the UK, apart from making friends from forums, she met 2/3 Thais who lived within a few minutes walk! One by responding to a work advert in a shop window and both her and her husband became good friends. There is a massive Thai community in the UK. On pretty much every trip I have made over to Thailand in the last few years, I have met up with UK friends / fellow forum members, who were in Thailand at the same time. Such get togethers have taken place in Bangkok, Hua Hin and most recently, in Korat.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

Haven't set foot in the UK for 16 years and have no intention of doing so in the near future. Just curious as when I grew up there Thai people in the UK were virtually unheard of!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

buksida wrote:Haven't set foot in the UK for 16 years and have no intention of doing so in the near future. Just curious as when I grew up there Thai people in the UK were virtually unheard of!
I don't think they were unheard of :? I think maybe when we were younger they were just "Asians" to us....we had a lot of Vietnamese boat people who arrived in the 70's, it is not easy for everyone to distinguish Thai people from Vietnamese people.
Also I remember the show the "King & I" which was filmed in 1951...I knew it as Siam then :P