Dreams

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Dreams

Post by E-Dork »

Dreams are the strangest things arent they.

Last night I had a dream that I rented a car and within seconds had crashed into some womans parked car. The Thai owner of the car was forgiving and told me her insurance would cover it. My wife then used the rented car and crashed into the very same parked car (which had been repaired) this time completely totalling it (the rented car remained without a scratch!). The Thai woman once again smiled and said not to worry.
Later on HHAD's very own Baa Baa came round for a drink. Now I have never met Baa Baa or even seen a picture of him but in my dream he was a handsome, scraggy haired blond fella, probably in his late twenties. He was abnormally tall also. I went into the kitchen and peeking through the door saw Baa Baa grope my wife's breasts much to her disgust. I went running in and we had a scuffle but due to his size I ended up backing off and he went on his way. How it ended I can't remember.

Now where the hell did all that come from?? :shock:
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
PeteC

Re: Dreams

Post by PeteC »

Too many chilies with your sum tum. :idea: :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

It may be been true in a different time dimension...!
www.35mmview.com
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, dreams are strange. I had nightmares or consistently bad dreams growing up and through puberty, then about 50-50 good-bad until later in life. Now all my dreams are good ones and I really look forward to dreaming which I do vividly nearly every night.

When I was young I had a lot of those dreams where someone or something was chasing me and I never seemed to be able to move at normal speed, but only in slow motion, also I could never fight back as I seemed to be paralyzed. Now, if I do have a dream where someone is attacking me, I'm able to run away, fight back, (and win!), or sometimes it seems like I can steer the outcome of a dream. I've even been having a pleasant dream and woken up, but managed to go back to sleep and continue with the same dream!

I dreamed I sold my house last night... I guess I'll know soon if dreams are a prediction or do come true.

Very strange how the human mind works indeed. Even animals dream as one of my dogs frequently runs his legs or makes whimpering noises while he is sleeping.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Just remembered another part of last nights dream.

After the wife totalling the parked car I found myself sitting on a bus. The bus driver stepped outside for a moment and I decided to take the wheel :shock: . Navigating a left turn I was desperately spinning the steering wheel but it just wasn't turning enough and I took out three or four cars on the other side of the road. Fleeing the scene of the crime at the time I did return later where a policeman spotted the farang that hijacked the bus. We had a bit of a laugh about the situation and I went on my way. Seems the Thai peoples 'Mai Pen Rai' attitude is included in my dreams. :D
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Maybe best for you to stay away from behind the wheel until the dreams change to something else? :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

Freud said something like: 'Dreams are the royal road to the subconscious'-. Except in your case E-Dork, its not a nice road so far. It's worth writing down dreams and coming back to them later to see if anything that happened was related to the dream.

(Your Avatar gives me nightmares :wink: )
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I simply don't dream, or don't remember them when I wake up. I can't recall remembering a dream since I was in my 20's. I'm not a deep sleeper and that could be one of the reasons I guess. Pete :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

E-Dork wrote:Dreams are the strangest things arent they.

Later on HHAD's very own Baa Baa came round for a drink................... :shock:
That`s not a dream, it`s a nightmare! :shock:

(sorry Baa Baa, could not resist) :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dreams...... Christ, I wish I could remember all of mine in detail!! I rarely remember anything, but what I do tends to be strange beyond belief.

Growing up, I shared a bedroom with my brother and scared the living cr@p out of him with my nightmares, screaming, sleep walking etc. Went missing on a few occasions only to be found sleeping on the roof or up trees believe it or not.

The sleep walking pretty much ended by the time I was 18 or so, with the exception of the odd ''wander''..... unfortunately one resulted in me waking up at a hotel reception in just my boxer shorts (very sober, just dreaming!!).

The most recent dream (part of) that I remember was putting young kids in coffins and supporting the coffins under the wings of an old transporter plane........ this to protect the kids form an oncoming storm........ work that one out :shock: :shock: :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

E-Dork wrote:Now where the hell did all that come from?? :shock:
The first part suggests you are feeling a lack of control in your life and you 'desperately spinning the wheel' is your attempt to regain control.

The second evinces feelings of powerlessness and insecurity. You may have anxiety that some smooth operator will steal your wife. Perhaps you are the jealous type or she has given you reason (real or imagined) to doubt her.

Your backing off from violence when your wife has been offended suggests you fear violence or feel powerless.

Just an idea. :idea:
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

I dream nearly all night every night , but I don't bother analysing what that guy inside is thinking.

Alcohol or sleeping pill fuelled dreams can be very weird. (I don't dream about sex, well, except as day dreams.)

Keith Richards claims to have heard the 'No satisfication' riff in a dream, woke up, recorded it and forgot about it uintil he heard the bedside tape .
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote:.....The most recent dream (part of) that I remember was putting young kids in coffins and supporting the coffins under the wings of an old transporter plane........ this to protect the kids from an oncoming storm........ work that one out :shock: :shock: :oops:
Wow, some deep stuff here. Remnants of the Thai abortion stories, China horror stories of what happens (or used to happen) to female babies, stories associated with Iraq or Afghanistan, looming environmental disaster, taking them to an afterlife, grieving for those who never were or will be, protecting the dead as we failed to during their lives, all of the above. :shock: Pete :cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The one recurring theme I have at the moment concerns golf.
I'm on some course, not playing particularly well and arrive at a tee. My playing partners all get off OK but when I get up there, trees, rocks or some other obstructions mean that I've got to thread my drive through the eye of a needle to get it into play. I never remember hitting the ball, just feeling frustration.
I don't need an analyst to tell me what that's about. I need lessons :shock:
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Mr Plum said...
You may have anxiety that some smooth operator will steal your wife
You haven't seen my wife. I think we can rule this one out as she's gettin' on a bit now. :)