News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by hhfarang »

PeteC wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:44 am Since the first post in this thread in 2009, this one may take the top prize! :roll: :laugh: Pete :cheers:

Couple unable to conceive found to be having sex wrongly for four years
Breaking News August 26, 2018 17:21 By The Star
Asia News Network http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30352994

PETALING JAYA: A young married couple who were desperately trying to get pregnant for four years were surprised to find out the reason behind their inability to conceive - they had been having sex the wrong way.

The 26-year-old man and his 24-year-old wife from China, whose identities were kept secret, consulted obstetrician Dr Liu Hongmei early this year, Chinese portal Guiyang Evening Post reported.

When asked about the wife's medical history, the couple told Dr Liu that they had been having sexual intercourse frequently. The wife said sex had been incredibly painful for her, but she endured it in hopes of conceiving.

The doctor then examined the woman's anus and identified the reason for their failure to conceive - they had been having anal intercourse for four years.

"The couple are very young. The man is 26 and the woman is 24. They are very healthy, but even though they have been married for four years they could not get pregnant," Dr Liu said.

"Because of that their family gave them a lot of pressure," she added. Dr Liu then reportedly gave the couple a sex education handbook and "guidelines" before allowing them to go home.

The doctor's advice proved fruitful – the wife became pregnant a few months later. They delivered the good news to Dr Liu by sending 100 eggs and a live chicken to her hospital as a gift.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Why Western backpackers are begging for money in Thailand

https://au.news.yahoo.com/western-backp ... 38908.html

A Western backpacker who has run out of savings has taken to the streets of Thailand to beg locals to fund his trip.

The “begpacker” sits in the middle of a market on a towel next to his backpack and two signs, one written in Thai and another in English, pleading for money.

“Hello! I’m Alex, I’m travelling in Asia for 15 months. Sadly I’m out of my savings but I stay positive and hope to realise my dream to visit every continent,” his sign read.
“Please support my trip.”

Coconuts Media in Bangkok says his Thai sign reads: “I’d like to ask for your kindness to fulfil my dream of travelling. Please donate for my trip. Thank you.”

Next to Alex is a donation box with a couple of dollars inside. It is not clear whether the man sitting next to him is also begging or whether he just sat down to talk.

Alex isn’t the only “begpacker” who has hit the streets in Asia to beg for locals to fund their trips of a lifetime.
broke.jpg
Last year pictures emerged online of penniless travellers sitting on the sides of roads in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand. Some are even attempting to sell items like postcards.

A woman from Singapore told France 24 Observers seeing begging travellers stopped her in her tracks.
“First of all, you don’t see many people selling knick-knacks or playing music in the street in Singapore because there are strict rulers governing these activities,” she said.

“And, if you do happen to see street vendors or street performers, they are usually in the town centre, and not near a bus stop in a relatively middle class neighbourhood like this. I’ve also never seen white people doing that.

“We find it extremely strange to ask other people for money to help you travel. Selling things in the street or begging isn’t considered respectful.”

In February last year American woman Becca Gronski was criticised for starting a GoFundMe page to raise $13,000 for her trip around the world.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Nereus wrote:Why Western backpackers are begging for money in Thailand

https://au.news.yahoo.com/western-backp ... 38908.html

A Western backpacker who has run out of savings has taken to the streets of Thailand to beg locals to fund his trip.

The “begpacker” sits in the middle of a market on a towel next to his backpack and two signs, one written in Thai and another in English, pleading for money.

“Hello! I’m Alex, I’m travelling in Asia for 15 months. Sadly I’m out of my savings but I stay positive and hope to realise my dream to visit every continent,” his sign read.
“Please support my trip.”

Coconuts Media in Bangkok says his Thai sign reads: “I’d like to ask for your kindness to fulfil my dream of travelling. Please donate for my trip. Thank you.”

Next to Alex is a donation box with a couple of dollars inside. It is not clear whether the man sitting next to him is also begging or whether he just sat down to talk.

Alex isn’t the only “begpacker” who has hit the streets in Asia to beg for locals to fund their trips of a lifetime.
broke.jpg
Last year pictures emerged online of penniless travellers sitting on the sides of roads in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand. Some are even attempting to sell items like postcards.

A woman from Singapore told France 24 Observers seeing begging travellers stopped her in her tracks.
“First of all, you don’t see many people selling knick-knacks or playing music in the street in Singapore because there are strict rulers governing these activities,” she said.

“And, if you do happen to see street vendors or street performers, they are usually in the town centre, and not near a bus stop in a relatively middle class neighbourhood like this. I’ve also never seen white people doing that.

“We find it extremely strange to ask other people for money to help you travel. Selling things in the street or begging isn’t considered respectful.”

In February last year American woman Becca Gronski was criticised for starting a GoFundMe page to raise $13,000 for her trip around the world.
More fool those who give money
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Injured man sues cat owner after 6kg feline dies falling on his head

https://au.news.yahoo.com/injured-man-s ... 47662.html

An injured man has sued the owner of a fat cat which fell from an eighth floor balcony and dropped on the man’s head.
The 56-year-old was walking along a street in Turin, northern Italy, when the 5.8kg kitty dropped from the balcony of its owner’s apartment and died when it landed on the man’s head.

The unnamed visitor to region claims he suffered serious trauma to his neck and vertebrae as a result of the impact and is suing the feline’s owner for personal injury damages.

The female owner is due to appear in court next week, reportedly accused of failing to control her cat and causing injury to the man seeking compensation.

She has already received a council fine for failing to control the animal, according to local media.

“The story is surreal but true,” wrote Italian newspaper, La Repubblica.
“You wouldn’t expect to end up in hospital with a neck trauma because a cat had fallen on you from an eighth floor apartment.”

The unfortunate incident happened in July last year but has only been heard in court more than a year later due to Italy’s slow judicial system.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Australian woman's toes amputated after fish spa pedicure on holiday

https://au.news.yahoo.com/australian-wo ... 38479.html

WARNING, GRAPHIC CONTENT: An Australian woman has spoken about having her toes amputated after a fish spa pedicure.
Property manager Victoria Curthoys, 29, was devastated after an indulgent Thai holiday fish spa turned into a living nightmare, after an infected fish tank forced her to have all five toes amputated on her right foot.
The Perth woman contracted an infection in her big toe after treading on glass, resulting in doctors amputating half of her toe.

Four years later, while on holiday in Thailand in 2010, Victoria used one of the ever-popular fish spas whereby small freshwater fish feed off and remove the foot’s dead skin.

The treatment gave Ms Curthoys another infection to the bone of her big toe from a water-borne bug only found in Thailand, which seeped through the wounds from her earlier surgery.
Upon returning to Perth, Ms Curthoys was forced to see doctors after the infection left her with fevers and sickness.

Despite her declining state of health, it took doctors over a year to diagnose the disease as Schwelmenella, an infection which eats away at the bone.
Doctors were eventually forced to amputate her entire big toe in December 2012.

“When I was in Thailand I decided to use a fish spa. I thought nothing of it as I’d watched the owner set up the system and it looked very clean, but how wrong I was,” Ms Curthoys told The Mirror.

“I ended up getting another bone infection in my big toe and it took doctors over a year to figure out what type of bug I had.
“By the time they’d realised what it was, my entire toe bone had been eaten away and I’d been suffering from sickness the whole time.”

While the amputation removed the infection, walking on her remaining four toes gave Ms Curthoys calluses, ulcers and further infections.

Ms Curthoys’ four remaining toes on her right foot were amputated over the next five years.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Seafront jogger killed by car after driver fell out of it while parking

A seafront jogger was killed by a car after its owner fell out of the vehicle whilst trying to park, a court has heard.

Supermarket worker Gillian Richings, 68, was leaning out of the open door of her new car whilst trying to park, but after hitting the accelerator instead of the brake, the open driver’s side door hit a lamppost and she was dragged from the vehicle.

The semi-automatic Vauxhall Zafira then continued moving at speed, before ploughing into jogger David Harris, 70, despite his efforts to get out of the way.

The father-of-one was pinned underneath the runaway people carrier on the beach at Swanage, Dorset on April 2.

Members of the public lifted the vehicle off him, and police officers, firefighters, coast guard officials, paramedics and an air ambulance crew went to the scene. However, Mr Harris, a former railway signalling engineer, died from fatal head injuries.

Poole Magistrates’ Court was told that Richings had only bought the semi-automatic Vauxhall Zafira about a month before the incident and had not driven an automatic car for up to 10 years.

Richings admitted causing death by driving without due care and attention but was not given a prison sentence.

Mr Harris's widow, Rosemary, said the sentence did not reflect the devastation felt by her family.

“It’s been so upsetting, a completely devastating ordeal I can barely bring myself to talk about it.

“For me the sentence is too lenient, he was just out jogging on the beach. It’s been a huge ordeal and the court case was so difficult to go through.

“I don’t know if more attention needs to be paid to driverless cars because I can’t bring myself to think about what has happened.”

Desmond Reynolds, mitigating, said Richings had made a "terrible error" not turning her engine off and bringing the car out of reverse before leaning out to check its position in the road.

He also offered her "profound and public apology" to Mr Harris's family and friends.

Mr Reynolds said: "She particularly apologies to Rosemary Harris, who has suffered a terrible loss.

"She has owned her semi-automatic car for around a month. She had driven an automatic before, but not for at least ten years."

Richings, from Swanage, had no points on her driving licence, which she had held since 1986.

In a victim impact statement Mrs Harris spoke of the “hate and anger" she felt for “the woman who killed my husband and has never apologised”.

“How can I begin to explain my overwhelming, devastating, heartbroken feelings?” she added.

“He was my husband, my best friend and my constant companion. We were really happy and looking forward to a happy future together.

“She has taken all that away from us and destroyed our lives and future.”

Richings was sentenced to complete 120 hours of community service, and was handed a 12-month driving ban and £150 fine and was ordered to pay £85 in costs."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ion-widget
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Mid-air mayhem as passenger mistakes plane door for toilet

https://au.news.yahoo.com/mid-air-mayhe ... 38233.html

An Indian passenger sparked panic in mid-air when he tried to open a plane door, apparently mistaking it for the toilet, the airline and reports said.
The man was travelling on a GoAir flight from New Delhi to Patna on Saturday when he attempted to open the aircraft’s rear exit, the carrier said.

“A co-passenger raised the alarm and he was intercepted by the crew,” GoAir said in a statement emailed to AFP on Tuesday.
Indian media reports said he was a first time flier in his late 20s.

When fellow passengers asked him what he was doing he told them he “needed to use the washroom urgently and kept tugging at the exit door”, The Telegraph, a Kolkata-based newspaper, quoted an airport official as saying.

“Pandemonium prevailed amid all this and he was restrained and finally handed over to us.

“He said that the confusion happened because he had boarded a flight for the first time in his life,” Mohammad Sanowar Khan told the newspaper.

GoAir said the passenger was handed over to the authorities for further investigation after the plane arrived safely at its destination.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Attacking magpies that cannot read English:
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Two children may lose sight in one eye after magpie swoops

https://au.news.yahoo.com/two-children- ... 29439.html
magpie_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
magpie_Easy-Resize.com.jpg (169.67 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Let me in! Let me in!

Dog locked out of house rings doorbell to be let back in

https://au.news.yahoo.com/dog-locked-ho ... 16189.html

A clever dog locked out the house rang the doorbell to be let back in.

The resourceful pooch, Marshall, was captured on a security camera after escaping on September 25.
The video was shared by owner Greg Basel, from Washington state in the US.

The footage shows Marshall approaching the front door and ringing the doorbell with his nose to let Mr Basel know that he was ready to come inside.
dog 1.jpg
dog 1.jpg (22.7 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Attachments
dog 2.jpg
dog 2.jpg (22.7 KiB) Viewed 461 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dumb and dumber. :roll:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... s/30355530

A freelance scientific researcher was arrested late Sunday night after allegedly shooting dead his friend with a bullet he claimed had magical powers.

Police said Thongrob Tojinda, 51, was arrested at his house in Pathum Thani's Muang district after firing a shot into his friend’s right temple. Bancha Kunnawut-opas, 43, an electrical engineer, died on impact.

Thongrob told police that he and his friend were drinking together when he boasted that he had magic bullets after placing them in water that had been blessed by a monk.

But Bancha argued that all bullets became defective after they were put in water, Thongrob told police.

He claimed that Bancha challenged him to fire into his head as the bullets would be dud. Thongrob said he took up the challenge but the bullet proved neither magical or a dud and his friend died.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

New Ford Ranger released!
After several years of development Ford Thailand have released a promotional video of their new Thailand model. In a statement to the press Ford Thailand MD said that despite several years of ripping off Farang owners that expected their cars to actually be reliable, it has been decided that the existing models technology is way beyond the current level of "technicians" ability. This fact was recently highlighted when a Ford dealer "manager" admitted that she had no idea what a "Powertrain" actually was!

The MD also said that they hoped to be able to improve the starting system of the new model sometime in the next decade or so if demand warranted such an expensive modification. However, he was unsure if anybody knew how to actually do this. He also pointed out that marketing the car without an enclosed body was to allow owners to fit their own bodies, as had been the normal way 100 years ago.

When asked about the obvious pollution emission of the engine, the MD said that as Thailand is not a signatory to European emission standards, it is not a problem. In any case, many trucks and public buses in Thailand have similar emission standards. Price details have not yet been decided.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Theft in Thailand

Post by lindosfan1 »

Caught bed-handed: British pensioner is filmed stealing his next-door neighbour's MATTRESS
Sydney Edward, 72, and Phensako Nasok, 45, broke into holidaying man's room
They made off with his savings worth about £3,000 as well as a double mattress
Phensako said she 'didn't think he would mind' as couple are charged with theft

Sydney Edward, 72, and wife Phensako Nasok, 45, broke into the room in Pattaya, Thailand, while the owner - who had also been their friend - was on holiday.

The victim, identified only as Stephen, 66, returned home from a trip to Cambodia and was stunned to find his bed had been nabbed - along with 126,000 Baht (£3,000) in savings that he had hidden.

The couple broke into the apartment in Pattaya, Thailand and carried off the victim's double mattress. The wife later said she 'didn't think he would mind' +7

The couple told police they were desperate for money +7
Sydney, who is British and Phensako, who is from Thailand, said the took the mattress because they were sleeping on the floor

Staff at the apartment block checked CCTV and immediately identified Sydney and his wife, who were arrested and taken on a crime re-enactment on Wednesday.

Sydney said: 'We needed the mattress because we have nothing to sleep on.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sad but strange, and very rare.

British man dies from sea snake bite in Australia

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-45755135

A British man has died after being bitten by a sea snake on a fishing trawler in Australia, police have said.

The man, 23, had just pulled up a net off the coast of the Northern Territory when he was bitten about 09:00 local time on Thursday (23:00 GMT Wednesday).

Emergency crews were called to the boat, near island Groote Eylandt, but were unable to save the man.

It may be the first recorded death from a sea snake in Australia, according to researchers.

The man's body was taken to the mainland town of Borroloola on Thursday. Northern Territory Police said a post-mortem would be conducted.

A British High Commission spokesperson said: "We are supporting the family of a British man who has died in the Northern Territory and are in contact with the Australian authorities."

'Tragically unlucky'

Sea snakes are highly venomous, but because of their limited contact with humans, bites are relatively rare.

Australia is home to 30 of 70 known species, according to the Australian Institute of Marine Science.

Blanche D'Anastasi, who researches the animal at James Cook University, said she believed Australia had no previously recorded deaths from sea snakes.

Associate Prof Bryan Fry, from University of Queensland, described it as a "tragically unlucky accident".

"By and large they are very gentle animals, and people do go scuba diving with them all the time," he told the BBC.

"But in a fishing trawler situation, where they've been potentially dragged through the water in a net, they will come up injured and perhaps looking to lash out."

Sea snakes are often encountered by fishing crews in the region, Ms D'Anastasi said.

According to research published last year, snakes were responsible for 27 deaths in Australia between 2000 and 2013.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Minnesota Birds Are Getting 'Drunk' On Fermented Berries, Police Say

Some birds in Minnesota are getting really flocked up on fermented berries, according to police in the city of Gilbert.

On Tuesday, the department posted a notice on Facebook warning citizens that it has received several reports of birds that appear to be ”‘under the influence’ flying into windows, cars and acting confused.”

Apparently, the birds are getting boozed up from berries that fermented earlier than usual due to an early frost.

Matthew Dodder, a self-described “bird guy” in Palo Alto, California, told The Washington Post that since there’s no such thing as a birdie breathalyzer, you have to look at their in-flight behavior to the level of avian intoxication.

“They’ll be flying kind of erratically,” he said. “We typically see them flying lower than usual through traffic. They’re just careless and they’re not looking for cars or other obstacles.”

He said robins, cedar waxwings and thrushes are the bird species most likely to tie one on since they eat more berries than other species.

“They just get sloppy and clumsy,” Dodder said. “They have actually fallen out of trees on occasion.”

The Gilbert Police Department post said the birds will likely sober up soon after the fermented berries are eaten and asked locals not to call unless they see “Angry Birds laughing and giggling uncontrollably and appearing to be happy” or “Tweety acting as if 10 feet tall and getting into confrontations with cats.”

If you think you’re surrounded by boozed-up birds, the Audubon Society suggests putting decals on large windows and other reflective surfaces to prevent them from crashing."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/minnesota-bi ... 20239.html