Big C, Pre Cooked Chickens

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Big C, Pre Cooked Chickens

Post by HHTel »

Of course it is, along with all the other websites/authorities that say the same.
You're right and everyone else is wrong!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:32 pm Of course it is, along with all the other websites/authorities that say the same.
We must have sympathy for Europessimist, after all, can you just imagine how difficult life must be when you have to be right all the time?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:cheers:
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:17 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:32 pm Of course it is, along with all the other websites/authorities that say the same.
We must have sympathy for Europessimist, after all, can you just imagine how difficult life must be when you have to be right all the time?
Life is difficult if you don't have a frank reply from this bunch to some of my remarks.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

And so difficult to stray more than 10 feet from a toilet!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm
Takiap wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am

At the end of the day, food poisoning and/or runny stomachs are no less common today than they were 100 years ago. I have lived in three countries, and I have seen no difference in the number of times I have had the runs, whether in South Africa, Scotland, or Thailand. I have only had REAL food poisoning twice in my life, once in the UK and once after visiting a Japanese restaurant in Bangkok.

What do you consider a food poisoning ???? For me it means hospitalization and pump your stomach.
A stomach upset or an indigestion is something that can happens anytime and anywhere.
In Europa they have the obsession to keep nearly everything in fridge as ex. eggs. Here eggs are carried on pick ups and motobikes under hot sun and kept in room temperature. Did you or anybody else had a poisoning ?
An upset stomach is not food poisoning. However, not all cases of food poisoning require hospitalization, and you do not always have to have your stomach pumped. On both occasions when I have had food poisoning, I had a serious fever, continual throwing up, and etc. VERY VERY unpleasant.

I'm not quite sure why you have mentioned eggs in your reply to my post? I have myself said that eggs do not, and actually should not, be kept in a fridge. However, if eggs have been washed, either along the production line, or once they get to your home, then it is better to keep them in a fridge because the natural protective coating will have been removed. Eggs in Thailand are typically not cleaned and therefore do not need to be kept in a fridge.

If you have read and understood my posts in this thread, I'm sure you will realize that I am not one of those who are meticulous about food hygiene. If I was, I would never eat out regardless of whether at side of the road stalls or at fancy restaurants.

I have often eaten with a group of Thais where spoons are shared, and where everyone is digging their hands into a bamboo basket full of sticky rice. Did everyone wash their hands first? I seriously doubt it, but it certainly has never made me sick or given me an upset stomach. What doesn't kill, fattens. :laugh:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:28 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:05 pm
In Europa they have the obsession to keep nearly everything in fridge as ex. eggs.
I suggest you read this:
Why Europeans Don't Refrigerate Eggs But Americans Do
Source: http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-europ ... gs-2014-12
All this is bullshit.

Okay, allow me to assist you in really determining whether it is all bullshit or not. Just think about this...........we'll do a little experiment, and you will be able to see the results, and then nobody on the forum will be able to argue with you.

Just to be clear, the article in question has said that if eggs are washed, they should be refrigerated because washing makes them vulnerable to contamination.

You disagree and you say it is bullshit?

Right, so let's do an experiment. I will give you 2 chicken eggs and 2 duck eggs collected fresh from my yard here in Borfai. We will thoroughly wash and clean 1 chicken egg and 1 duck egg, and then we will leave all 4 eggs (the washed and unwashed) sitting on a shelf in the yard, preferably in an area where they can get a nice bit of afternoon sun. Let's leave them for 14 days, or maybe even 21 days if you like.

When the time is up, you and I both sit down and we enjoy our eggs. I have the 2 unwashed eggs, and you have the 2 that were washed. To make this more fun, I think we should both be blindfolded because I seriously double you will want to eat 2 green eggs.

Experiment number 2:

We always have at least one or two hens laying on some eggs. We wait for one of them to leave their nest and then we quickly wet all her eggs. Then we wait to see how many go on to hatch. I can guarantee you, you will be lucky if any of them hatch.

What I have written in this post is nothing to do with anything I have read. It is what I have seen time and time again in my own yard.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

My eggs don't last a week (10 pack). 2-3 weeks, no thanks, prefer 'fresh'. If past a week, then they become hard boiled.

Along with me making eggnog, with fresh raw eggs quite often, along with ice-cream, but that don't count, since frozen. I like my scrambled eggs 'loose', so far from cooked entirely through. People eat soft boiled, over easy, so yolks far from 'cooked'.

Always read if bought refrigerated, keep so, if not, keep out. Haven't got a clue why people wash eggs, well I do, but seems overkill. Can't remember last time I even rinsed one off, though I don't have chickens.

Fresh eggs, no problem. To verify if good / bad, submerge in water, if float, cook thoroughly, or discard. Latter would be my choice.

Eggs are the least of my hygiene concerns about food.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I mentioned eggs only as an example, because in Europe imported eggs, let's say from Romania, are transported by refrigerated trucks.In Thailand on pick ups and bikes under hot sun and nobody has been poisoned. By the way I never washed eggs bought at market or shops.
But I still don't have a reply from the person (StevePIraq) who initiated this topic on this forum ! !
Why didn't he reported the incident immediately to the manager of BigC ? ? ? NO PRESENCE OF MIND ? ?
I am still waiting for his reply.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

europtimiste wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 am I mentioned eggs only as an example, because in Europe imported eggs, let's say from Romania, are transported by refrigerated trucks.In Thailand on pick ups and bikes under hot sun and nobody has been poisoned. By the way I never washed eggs bought at market or shops.
But I still don't have a reply from the person (StevePIraq) who initiated this topic on this forum ! !
Why didn't he reported the incident immediately to the manager of BigC ? ? ? NO PRESENCE OF MIND ? ?
Very simple,
1. I advised the issue to the person in charge of that section.

2. Most important. I do not have to respond to you.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 am I mentioned eggs only as an example, because in Europe imported eggs, let's say from Romania, are transported by refrigerated trucks.In Thailand on pick ups and bikes under hot sun and nobody has been poisoned. By the way I never washed eggs bought at market or shops.
Very simple,
1. I advised the issue to the person in charge of that section.

2. Most important. I do not have to respond to you.
1-The person in charge of the section is not the manager, and how did you know that this person is the responsible of that section ?
2-Now I know and we know the kind of person you are.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

And everyone knows the kind of person you are!!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:17 pm
Life is difficult if you don't have a frank reply from this bunch to some of my remarks.
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

London Boy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 am I may be wrong but i think that a few people think you are a troll Mr 404
I'l give you that shot free
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Free shots .... where, when .... I'm there. Crown please ... :cheers: