Where to get oatmeal in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Where to get oatmeal in Hua Hin?

Post by oakdale160 »

Simple, unsweetened oatmeal--Anybody seen it anywhere?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: oatmeal

Post by Name Taken »

Nope. :(
And I like oatmeal too.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Tescos and Makro have bags (two different sizes of oats), so does the supermarket in the centre of town near the Collonade centre.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I searched TESCCO at MV but could not find any. I looked particularly in 'baking supplies"
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Don't see any steel cut oats, but rolled oats and quick oats (maybe also instant oats) are available. Certainly you can get Quaker and McGarrett brands. I usually buy McGarrett rolled oats 1kg resealable bag from Makro, about 80 baht I think.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Villa Market also sell McGarret Oat Bran which I like to mix in for extra nutritious goodness.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

oakdale160 wrote:I searched TESCCO at MV but could not find any. I looked particularly in 'baking supplies"
Would be in breakfast cereals.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My wife and MIL ate oatmeal there for breakfast all the time. It was Quaker brand from Tesco in a tall round box. It wasn't instant.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

The market in the Old Mall usually has 3 types from the same company: instant, quick and rolled. It's with the cereals on the north wall.
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

As a scot, I never have got over my love of our national breakfast. As stated earlier they are in pretty much every supermarket in the cerial section
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Where to get oatmeal in Hua Hin?

Post by brianks »

You can pretty much find the Instant and Quick Cooking Oats at any market. The Rolled Oats can be a bit harder to find. Hahne brand from Germany (I think) sells them in a Green Package (blue package is for quick cooking oats) and there around 55 baht for 500gm pkg. Labeled "Haferflocken OATS -- kernige-big leaf on package. Others are more costly if you find them and have only once in 8 years seen Quaker Oats in the Rolled Oats mode--most are instant and quick cooking. If you really like Oatmeal then Rolled Oats are the ONLY way. All the others are just mush to me.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As was mentioned above, Makro stock McGarret rolled oats at 80 baht for a 1kg packet, probably the cheapest you will find in HH, they also stock quick cook and instant varieties of oats.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

found some--thank you