Hua Hin Brewing Company

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hua Hin Brewing Company

Post by oakdale160 »

I ama great fan of Craft beers. The movement that got this going was in the UK--CAMRA, the campaign for real ale. This has spread to the US, Canada and Aus and possibly to many more countries.
In Asia there is little of this activity the powerful monopolies of the main companies will not allow competition. Not all the craft beer is that good, but the best is wonderful and the purity of it is very reassuring. So, I cringe everytime I pass the HH Brewing Company , part of the HILTON. This is a sham--they do NOT brew any beer in HH but bring it in from elsewhere. It is I am told brewed in a small facility, I think in Phuket , but it is not a HH company.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: HH Bewing company

Post by Pleng »

I haven't been there myself, but I've heard that there is a genuine craft-beer garden on the road that leads to 19 Rai. I'm not sure which of the two access roads it is.... I would presume it's not the one which goes along side the palace! I'll try and find some more information on it if I can - maybe pay it a visit tomorrow :D
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Brewing Company

Post by Ratsima »

There is plenty of craft beer in Thailand. There are two brewers here in Korat: Purr Beer and Happy New Beer. Both produce some very nice beers ranging from Porters to Brown Ales to Northwest IPAs. I frequently order from Purr Beer. He delivers in Korat and charges 1000 baht for 12 bottles. You can also order from Hand Me A Beer who will deliver anywhere in Thailand. His stock varies, so you need to check his FB page or send a FB message inquiring as to availability and price.

There are at least two bars in Bangkok which feature Thai craft beer: Let The Boy Die in Chinatown and Chitbeer on Pak Kred.

Of course, it's all illegal and untaxed and, so far, ignored by the authorities. At least one Thai brewer has moved the operation to Cambodia where they can brew legally and then legally export to Thailand. (That's what Phuket Lager is doing now.)

The beer thread has more information.
hnb.jpg
hnb.jpg (159.85 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Thank you, I am happy to be corrected and 84b / bottle sounds reasonable.
So it is all iillegal, Always the chance that the police will close them down and arrest the two Burmese who are running them
dpd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpd »

Wishbeer in Bangkok is also a great place to order from. Not a brewery but stocks loads of different beers and has some great offers for beers getting close to sell by. Costs about 80 baht for delivery to HH via EMS.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Yeah, WishBeer is great. Been ordering from them for years. If you order more than 2K baht, there is no delivery charge; even here in Korat. I usually get delivery the next day or the day after. I've asked them about carrying Thai craft beer, but they are wary about the law….