Restaurant recommendations - Blue Lagoon/Sheraton up to Cha-Am

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
rainey
Novice
Novice

Restaurant recommendations - Blue Lagoon/Sheraton up to Cha-Am

Post by rainey »

Do you guys have any recommendations for good restaurants anywhere in the area from around the Blue Lagoon/Sheraton complex all the way up to Cha-Am? I will have a car so it doesn't necessarily need to be that close by.

Will try lunch at the Sailing Club(http://huahinsailing.com/bar-restaurant/#_=_) but am looking for a few places for dinner those days. Am interested in both good food/budget choices along with medium to higher end type places as well

Has anyone tried these?
http://www.rayaresortchaam.com/dining/restaurant
http://novotelhuahin.com/hua-hin-restau ... estaurant/

Thanks in advance!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurant recommendations - Blue Lagoon/Sheraton up to Cha-Am

Post by Dannie Boy »

A restaurant I like is called Mr Pok - if you are coming from Hua Hin then as you pass Thai Watsadu on your left and the Regent Hotel on your right, continue for about 1 km and on your right are hoardings advertising Regent Village. Immediately when they end, there's a turning on your right and head down there about 1km max, maybe slightly less and just after the road has a right turn, continue and Mr Pok's is 100 m on the bend. Good food and good prices and a nice setting. Mr Pok who runs/owns the restaurant is slightly eccentric, but a nice guy and speaks fairly good English.
rainey
Novice
Novice

Post by rainey »

Dannie Boy wrote:A restaurant I like is called Mr Pok - if you are coming from Hua Hin then as you pass Thai Watsadu on your left and the Regent Hotel on your right, continue for about 1 km and on your right are hoardings advertising Regent Village. Immediately when they end, there's a turning on your right and head down there about 1km max, maybe slightly less and just after the road has a right turn, continue and Mr Pok's is 100 m on the bend. Good food and good prices and a nice setting. Mr Pok who runs/owns the restaurant is slightly eccentric, but a nice guy and speaks fairly good English.
Thanks Dannie Boy. I searched and found a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Pok/165311370259762

Looks like they are fairly close to the Sailing Club and Hotel Veranda. Will see if I can give them a try
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

The Raya in Cha-Am is a excellent Restaurant. Not cheap but very tasteful food. You have to try it.
Greets,
Phyton
rainey
Novice
Novice

Post by rainey »

Phyton wrote:The Raya in Cha-Am is a excellent Restaurant. Not cheap but very tasteful food. You have to try it.
Thanks Phyton. Will likely give it a try next week then. Is there anything specific on the menu that you recommend? Or is it all pretty good?
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

We eat only Seafood, thats all great. Not standard Thaifood just more sophisticated.

We can also recommend in Cha-Am:

Arlek Seafood 12°49'28.10"N 99°58'31.48"E
Muh Kata, (the best! no buffet, all to choose serviced on demand) 12°49'4.76"N 99°58'57.71"E
Sea Zabb, relaxing place good Thaifood 12°48'11.29"N 99°58'34.94"E
Rang Yen, a hidden Thairestaurant in the jungle, right side near 7/11,cheap, we love it. open only in main seasson 12°47'32.40"N 99°58'57.24"E
Bella Pizza, a Thaichef learned in Italy, on of the best Pizzas i ever eat 12°46'47.10"N 99°58'18.29"E
and a lot more.........
Greets,
Phyton