Does Hua Hin Need a New Butchers Shop?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Does Hua Hin Need a New Butchers Shop?

Post by caller »

A boned, stuffed, tied and scored loin of pork, ready for the oven and cut in two (for my needs), might just tempt me as an excuse to visit Hua Hin!
Talk is cheap
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Boycie wrote:I have been a butcher for nearly 40 years , i have seen Makro's meat show and i think it's disgusting ,i have never met a good Thai butcher yet in all my 11 years of living in Thailand, and i'm not likely to see one in the future ,if we go ahead with this project, we will offer good customer service with a smile.There will be a first class meat display at weekends, inc rolled joints of beef including brisket , ribs of beef, rolled legs of pork ,rolled pork shoulder as in spare rib , and crown roasts rack of lamb done to order , and all your BBQ meat already in different types of sources.Even sawdust on the floor if i can find it LOL.

With a meat show like this one.
PB170232%20(Custom)%20(2).jpg
Thank you.
I love meat and use the french butcher quite a lot and will for sure be at your shoop and give it a try.
Good luck, and maybe its more expencive,but Im sure better quality wich Im happy to pay a little more for and maybe some of the long time expat poster have forgot about the different for a steak to 79 b. or some good steak from a prime cut :run:

:cheers: :cheers:
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

How much of this discussion could be steered towards how the meat is ultimately cooked? I've spent a good deal on good cuts and joints only to royally screw them up by over-cooking or under-preparing yet have had wonderful meals elsewhere with little more than a scrag end. One must not forget that you can make a very good soup from and old chicken...but perhaps that's a post for Night Crawlers!

Good luck Boycie, whatever you decide, and bear in mind that market research never tells you what to do, only what not to do.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

J.J.B. wrote:How much of this discussion could be steered towards how the meat is ultimately cooked? I've spent a good deal on good cuts and joints only to royally screw them up by over-cooking or under-preparing.
Buy a digital meat terminator!
perfectswing
Amateur
Amateur

Post by perfectswing »

To add one more address of an excellent butcher in Hua Hin: KOK German butcher in Soi 29 (right next to Haefele). He is a well established butcher since many years mainly catering for Restaurants and Hotels but is happy to deliver for or better to sell to individuals. The quality of his products can be tested as he has a small restaurant at the butcher shop.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Worth a visit for the name alone! :shock: :laugh:
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:^^Worth a visit for the name alone! :shock: :laugh:
His speciality is spicy meat balls :mrgreen: