I want STEAK!!!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Eiahhh

I want STEAK!!!

Post by Eiahhh »

travelling to Hua Hin in a couple of weeks. was in Hua Hin last year, and got kind of tired of the thai-food etc. Do you guys know of a place that serves good steak?
Majestic Creek

Re: I want STEAK!!!

Post by Majestic Creek »

The best steak I have eaten in Hua Hin is at Prime Rest Steakhouse in the town. Walk towards the Hilton from the beach road, so the Hilton would be on your right. Then you will see Prime has two places, one on the left as you walk about 50 metres in, and the main one is in the first Soi on the left.

Great food, and the owner, Anders, used to be the chef at Black Mountain golf course, which also has good steak on the menu.

[Mod edit: links and menus not permitted.]

Well worth a try.
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

Sorry, spelling mistake, it is Prime Steakhouse !!!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Prime Steakhouse downtown, Papa John's in Takiab, Terrace 90 on Soi 90...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PGS

Post by PGS »

I had a steak at Prime last time in Hua Hin, and wasnt impressed at all. It was soggy and raw. Me being a polite quiet dude, didnt complain. Ate up, paid my bill and left. It was quite an expensive place as well. It is absolutely not my first choice.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

Ok thx guys. will try the prime steakhouse :)
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Papa John is my favourite. Has been pretty consistent the quality each time I have visited there.
YNWA
PGS

Post by PGS »

Maybe Papa John is worth a visit. Where is it situated?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^In Khao Takiab on the right side going from Hua Hin just a bit after the double carriageway ends. Excellent food at a price.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
greystag52
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greystag52 »

Papa Johns was the best steak I had in the 4 months I were there,and I had a good number.the worse being Buffalo Bills.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I really enjoyed my steak at Buffalo Bills. Didn't think much of the home-cut chips though - tasted a bit odd.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Also for a great fillet steak at a more reasonable price than the others mentioned, try All Seasons Restaurant across the street from the Hilton. For around 400 baht you get an excellent fillet mignon cooked exactly how you ordered it served with veggies and your choice of potato type. For people who used to go to Natta's on Soi 88 for steak, this is the same owner and menu (and now the Natta's cook works there), but the price is a bit higher due to the location.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

First I have to say that I am spoiled. I grew up in the Midwest of US and that is where the best steak in the world can be found. SO IMHO I have learned that trying to find a steak in Thailand is like looking for good Thai food In the US. The last time I tried steak in Hua Hin was from Natta's (a favorite of mine) and now All Seasons. It was good but not worth the effort.
I would never go to Sizzler in the US but if I just couldn't resist having steak in Hua Hin I would go there.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you're into home cooking, you can buy imported Angus steaks at Makro and they have recently started selling Wagyu beef, not cheap and I've not bought any, but I'm sure it would be a great eating experience!!
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

The very best tournedos I've had in Hua Hin was at Datcha
(94 West, close to railway) Every time I've eaten it, it has
been on par with the very best of them I've had anywhere
else in the World.

So has been the Datcha rabbit. Simply succulent.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."