Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: New Indian Soi 80 / Railway Road

Post by hhfarang »

"...but the base of the sauce in each dish came through to strong leaving each dish to taste exactly the same."

That's funny; I've been to S&S three times and would make that same statement about their food. I like the new place and Smor in Takiab much better than S&S, but food preference is a personal thing. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

hhfarang wrote:"...but the base of the sauce in each dish came through to strong leaving each dish to taste exactly the same."

That's funny; I've been to S&S three times and would make that same statement about their food. I like the new place and Smor in Takiab much better than S&S, but food preference is a personal thing. :cheers:
Yeah would agree and is the reason why I compared them both as much of the same, it's just the sauce base at S&S was more pleasant for my palet that at this place.

Will be sure to give Smor a try also, where exactly is it in Takiab?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

On the beach side of the main road after it goes to a two lane soi but before the "triangle about". It is a resort so the sign says SMOR Resort but they have a surfboard sticking in the ground too that is hard to miss and a smaller sign that says Indian food. It's a fabulous location right on the ocean great for dinners around sunset time. The food is good (both from the Indian and Thai menus) and very reasonably priced for a resort. I think they have an Indian buffet dinner twice a month.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

hhfarang wrote:On the beach side of the main road after it goes to a two lane soi but before the "triangle about". It is a resort so the sign says SMOR Resort but they have a surfboard sticking in the ground too that is hard to miss and a smaller sign that says Indian food. It's a fabulous location right on the ocean great for dinners around sunset time. The food is good (both from the Indian and Thai menus) and very reasonably priced for a resort. I think they have an Indian buffet dinner twice a month.
That's great, I do know where you mean now that you mention the resort and surfboard.

Cheers.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Henry 14th wrote: If I was to compare this place with S&S, they are much of the same and are both pretty good value for what you pay. I will stick to S&S in the future, i just feel that their dishes do taste differently. Not to say that I won't call back into this place after stroll down soi 80 one evening.
:agree: tried s&s last night and preferred it, the service is a lot quicker too, also only paid 25 bahts for the same rice which is charged 60 bahts at soi 80, price which I don't understand when the beer is only 65 bahts, having said that I will go to both unless SMOR which I will try next time gets my vote, let you know
well at least we have the choice of three good indian restaurants at reasonable price!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote:
Henry 14th wrote: If I was to compare this place with S&S, they are much of the same and are both pretty good value for what you pay. I will stick to S&S in the future, i just feel that their dishes do taste differently. Not to say that I won't call back into this place after stroll down soi 80 one evening.
:agree: tried s&s last night and preferred it, the service is a lot quicker too, also only paid 25 bahts for the same rice which is charged 60 bahts at soi 80, price which I don't understand when the beer is only 65 bahts, having said that I will go to both unless SMOR which I will try next time gets my vote, let you know
well at least we have the choice of three good indian restaurants at reasonable price!
Re the rice, are you sure it's the same only at 60 baht they could be using basmati rice which is much more expensive than Thai rice and tastes better too with Indian food?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

ok you could be right DB, that would explain the price difference
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote:ok you could be right DB, that would explain the price difference
Paying the Indian restaurant on Soi 80 a visit is on my todo list, so will pay particular attention to the rice -60 baht for basmati is ok, but for Thai rice it would be a rip-off. :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Dannie Boy wrote:
joelle wrote:
Re the rice, are you sure it's the same only at 60 baht they could be using basmati rice which is much more expensive than Thai rice and tastes better too with Indian food?
Yes, you are comparing the price of apples and oranges to tomatoes. I have a take-out menu in front of me right now from the Soi 80 Indian place and here are the rice offerings:

Plain (Thai) rice - 20 baht
Basmati rice - 50 baht
Masroom rice - 60 baht

You obviously got the Masroom rice (whatever that is).
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

in fact I took the yellow rice, I presume it must have been the masroom,
I just checked my bill and it says yellow rice (???)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

:wink: So, the Soi 80 place has more rice choices, plus their plain rice is cheaper than S&S...
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I would venture to say that it is probably "Mushroom Rice".
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Nereus wrote:
I would venture to say that it is probably "Mushroom Rice".

you are correct my mate has it every time
zeshan
Novice
Novice

Post by zeshan »

Guys check out Bombay Palace Indian Restaurant on Dechanuchit 57, Really good food as made in home and friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed there meal a lot. The best food I ever eat in Thailand Indian restaurants.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Last time I went there we had a 45 minute wait for the food to arrive...never again......overpriced and not a patch on S&s or the new place on Soi 80.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.