Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by MDMK »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm SS is open again, but beware new prices........A dish of 170 Bhat is now 220 Bhat.......
yikes!

does the work done on the interior justify (in your opinion) the price hike? It was very bland and functional inside, is it better now? Do they still have those horrible uncomfortable tables and chairs outside?

I preferred Shiva for dining in and S&S for takeaway but a price hike of 30% is a LOT so I think Shiva will get all my custom unless S&S have somehow transformed the inside to look wow. (which I doubt is even possible)
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

MDMK wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm
europtimiste wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm SS is open again, but beware new prices........A dish of 170 Bhat is now 220 Bhat.......
yikes!

does the work done on the interior justify (in your opinion) the price hike? It was very bland and functional inside, is it better now? Do they still have those horrible uncomfortable tables and chairs outside?

I preferred Shiva for dining in and S&S for takeaway but a price hike of 30% is a LOT so I think Shiva will get all my custom unless S&S have somehow transformed the inside to look wow. (which I doubt is even possible)
Interior is much better and larger, outside also, but even with those improvements such a hike is a shame, 15% would be acceptable.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

For me, although the ambiance is a plus factor, the main criteria is the food, which is why I am happy with Shiva - good food in a lovely setting. If I have been to S&S before, it’s a long time ago, so I can’t comment on the food - Shiva is not the cheapest but IMO offers good value for money.
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:17 pm For me, although the ambiance is a plus factor, the main criteria is the food, which is why I am happy with Shiva - good food in a lovely setting. If I have been to S&S before, it’s a long time ago, so I can’t comment on the food - Shiva is not the cheapest but IMO offers good value for money.
Isn't Shiva closed until September?
limbu

Post by limbu »

Has the Shiva Indian Restaurant reopened?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

limbu wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 am Has the Shiva Indian Restaurant reopened?
I went in November so unless anything has happened since then, it should be business as usual
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It has been very busy since the re-opening. It might be worth phoning ahead to make a reservation first, 032 652 546
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nereus wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm Anybody know if "Shiva" Indian restaurant is still open? Thanks.

Didn't stop, so not sure if it is closed. BUT, there is a big sign up in the carpark stating: "For Sale or Rent". I was there about 3 months ago and the old gentleman was complaining about no customers and said he was thinking seriously about moving back to India.

Migrant: this is the place I was referring to earlier.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Are you sure you're talking about Shiva? I go there regularly, and I daren't go without booking - it has been like that for about a year. He recently did a massive refurb for my son's wedding. We, as regulars have even been turned away twice this year because they just couldn't squeeze us in.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nereus wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:59 pm http://ayurvedahuahin.com/
The last time that I was there, I think it was a Tuesday night, there was ONE other customer. I am at the Hua Hin Terminal just now and drove past there today. Not intending to go there tonight.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Nereus wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:32 pm
Nereus wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 pm Anybody know if "Shiva" Indian restaurant is still open? Thanks.

Didn't stop, so not sure if it is closed. BUT, there is a big sign up in the carpark stating: "For Sale or Rent". I was there about 3 months ago and the old gentleman was complaining about no customers and said he was thinking seriously about moving back to India.

Migrant: this is the place I was referring to earlier.
Thanks!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 pm
Nereus wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:59 pm http://ayurvedahuahin.com/
The last time that I was there, I think it was a Tuesday night, there was ONE other customer. I am at the Hua Hin Terminal just now and drove past there today. Not intending to go there tonight.
Yes, we're definitely talking about the same place. I've not been for about 3 weeks, and that was a Tuesday (Tuesday or Saturday are the best days for us to visit). The owner always complains to me - ever since I wrote a review on Trip Advisor, he says they've been busy every night. True or not, I don't know, but everytime we go it is heaving.

I don't think the land outside is owned by him, although he had a large area cleared for the wedding.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I don't think the land outside is owned by him, although he had a large area cleared for the wedding

Yes, that had occurred to me. The sign is where the car park is, but why would somebody want to rent a half overgrown vacant block of land?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There something like 40 rai outside of my front door also - I often refer to it as the jungle. That is available for up to 20 year lease - I can't understand why anybody would want to lease that either. Access is via a very small road also.

[Edit] Bad Moderator :oops: :oops: I been drawn off topic
:offtopic:

Points 41; Position 18