Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Your best eating places in Hua Hin

Post by ahandpatsy »

ok coming to hua hin next month and whilst i love eating in markets and off the street i like to mix it up with western food

so can you give the best places for

mexican (night market)

hamburger

curry

fish chips

breakfast

pork pie

sushi

fish place

pizza

isaan thai

other thai

tailor !

shoemaker !

thanks in advance posting.php?mode=post&f=16&sid=a7190472 ... 82c39e8c62#

mods sorry if this a repeat but not sure if first one went through delete this bit if so

cheers in advance what dates are the quizes at jw's
platinumpools
Rookie
Rookie

Re: your best eating places please

Post by platinumpools »

The Pizza Company good pizza doing good deal at the moment. Buy one get one free until the end of the month.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

There are no 'best places" Its all a personal thing. One general rule about Thai food--the cheaper it is, the better it is, never go to a Thai restaurant with white tablecloths.
I have very rarely had a dissappointing Thai meal--walk around if a place looks attractive go in and eat. I personally like the wide-open Thai restaurants, not cus its the BEST food, but because they are nice places to go. There are many of them, there are 2 onSoi 94--Oh and restaurant 94.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Best value cooked breakfasts in town is always gonna be at Linn's Cafe on Petkasem Road.. :-P
platinumpools
Rookie
Rookie

Post by platinumpools »

Can vouch for Linn's. Cooked breakfast excellent and good value. Tried other dishes
and all hit the mark. On Petchkasem about 300m on the left before the Police
Station lights if you're heading North.

Also, Jungle Juice bar near the Hilton does a good brekkie.

Enjoy :D
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

mexican (night market) - margaritos

hamburger - Johnny Walkers

curry - Indian????

fish chips - barry soi 80

breakfast - German bakery soi 94, Lins, Jungle Juice

pork pie - Barry soi 80

sushi - sakura soi 94

fish place - Meerakuna on the pier

pizza - Roma, go left at Limelight, small place done that street

isaan thai - nt sure

other thai - just avoid the tourist areas

tailor ! - turn left at 7 11 walking towards Hilton - really tiny shop on right hand side, good guy there who gives excellent service.

shoemaker !
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

Isaan Thai - there is a place a few doors up from Market Village (well no door actually), open air place that is pretty good.

Pizza - still struggling to find that perfect pizza. Roberto's is okay but quite small pizzas.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

platinumpools wrote:The Pizza Company good pizza good deal at the moment. Buy one get one free until the end of the month.
That's worse than recommending McDonald's as a top burger joint, Pizza Co is dirge.

It serves a purpose but it's like saying the 7/11 micro meals are top Thai cuisine.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

JW is the foodie and he's never far wrong but I'll say the American Rib co is decent if you want a decent Burger/Yank style food.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Ate at Lins once,and was really dissapointed. (service was awful) food was average at best. I'd plump for Gifs kitchen on soi 94 for a good farang breakfast. Always had a good evening meal,be it western or thai at new nop nice on soi Moobaan. I don't know where they get them but their pork chops are awesome :D
Howay the Lads!!!!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

In my experience many places do very good Western style breakfasts, and these days I wouldn't like to single any out, because invariably there will be something about them which won't suit all tastes. Either the toast will be white, or the tomatoes raw, or the beans not Heinz. It's pot luck.
Pizzas are pizzas IMO. OK I'm not a pizza fan - or a burger fan - but do understand that they are popular so you probably won't go far wrong at BurgerKing.
Fish and chips - many have tried to get it right and few have succeeded. One who did get it right has long gone. Please remember that the classic cod isn't indingenous to Thailand and is rarely cooked to perfection in batter.
Indian curry - Akhbar on Soi 3 in Bangkok. OK there may well be some decent Indian restaurants in HuaHn now, and if there are I would be pleased to hear about them.
All quite negative I know, because what HuaHin does best is Thai - and seafood - and it would be a shame to miss out on it while there!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

No offence Mags but if you aren't a Pizza or Burger fan you can't really recommend either.

"Pizza are pizzas" Not when they with come Mayo instead of cheese and have hotdogs stuffed anywhere they can fit them.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Best Issan for me is usually from mobile vendors who cruise several sois particularly where Isaan girls hang out (BG's)

Good tailor made Moo Laab and/or Song-tam with raw veg and spicy chicken
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

JW wrote:mexican (night market) - margaritos
Moved to the back of the Grand Market now
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

There is a small restaurant on Soi 112 just 100 meters past 7/11 which is called Mr. Mon. I would very much recommend this place. I lived in this soi for 3 years and ate there a lot. It is very affordable prices and the thai food is excellent. Some of the thai food is even westernalized a bit so this place has become very popular among farangs in this area. But that said, the thai food is very nice. Even my wife says that the way he/his wife cooks is very good. Dishes I would recommend are: Tum Yum (either with prawns or chicken), deepfried pork with garlic, sweet and sour pork, fried chicken with cashews, Tum Yum Plah(clear soup with fish). The last one is one of my wife's favourites (she orders it spicy hot like the flames in Hell :twisted: ). He also make standard farang dishes and he makes breakfast too. Prices are cheap. Around 50-100 baht for the main dishes.
YNWA