[ADVERTORIAL] The Dutchman Hua Hin Bar & Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

[ADVERTORIAL] The Dutchman Hua Hin Bar & Restaurant

Post by Lev »

ADVERTORIAL

The Dutchman Bar & Restaurant

Everyday low prices for European and Thai food!

Open every day (Now also open on Mondays!) from 12:00 noon till 01:00 am.

Always a high quality and tasty daily special available for 150THB!

Like us on Facebook and win a free dinner for 2! (http://www.facebook.com/thedutchmanhuahin)
Our website is http://www.dutchmanhuahin.com - Here you can find our menu, daily specials, special offers, events and more.

Every Friday is Steak night, what means a beef tenderloin steak for only 150THB!
Of course you are also welcome for just a drink or to have a game on our 7 foot pool table.
We broadcast the Premier League, Eredivisie Live and other mayor sport events!

Ask for our beer buckets! 6 beers in ice water, for the price of 5!

Directions:
When on the main road (Phetchkasemroad) in Hua Hin, turn into Soi 76.
Go all the way to the train station, which you will see at the end of the Soi and turn left.
After 50 meters you will see a 7/11 on the left side. Pass the Soi after and you will find The Dutchman on the next corner. The orange lights above the tables will give us away.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with establishment representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own monthly updated advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
manouhh

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] The Dutchman Hua Hin Bar & Restaurant

Post by manouhh »

As you know The Dutchman Hua Hin is closed on Monday.
After a relaxing day of we are ready for the new week and want to present our new specials for the week:

Tuesday 17 July 2012
Mixed grill (beef, pork and chicken) with red wine sauce, fries and dressed salad. 120THB
Wednesday 18 July 2012
“Chicken Quatro” Spinach, ham and cheese rolled in chicken breast served with dressed salad and mashed potatoes. 120THB
Thursday 19 July 2012
Pork tenderloin in red wine sauce with oven fried potatoes and dressed salad. 120THB
Friday 20 July 2012
Sliced beef tenderloin steak topped with pepper sauce, dressed salad and mashed potatoes. 120THB
Saturday 21 July 2012
“Fish and Chips” Crunchy breaded fish filet served with garlic cream sauce, dressed salad and fries. 120THB
Sunday 22 July 2012
Spagetti Carbonara 120THB

Also don't forget about our "Beer Bucket" 6 beers in ice water for the price of 5!

We hope to welcome you this week at The Dutchman Hua Hin.
KAL
Novice
Novice

Post by KAL »

I was at The Dutchman a couple of weeks ago with some friends,We were visiting Hua Hin from Bangkok, I was told about this place by another friend.

The place is new, looks fresh and is very clean. Had a few beers and decided to have a bite to eat, on recommendation from the owner I ordered the Chicken Qautro with the Mashed Potatoes and veggies. I have to say the chicken was simply delicious, cooked to perfection, the combo of ham, spinach and cheese works really well with the chicken, the mash was perfect too, light and fluffy and all seasoned perfectly.

The next day, late afternoon, I thought I'd go again and try something different, I had seen on the menu some sandwiches with French bread, previous night the owner had said that they make these to order and the bread is part baked, they finish the baking on order, so the bread is as fresh as you can get! I ordered the Tuna sandwich, again, generous filing and the bread as promised was fresh and warm. The the prices are very reasonable, I will visit again regularly and I recommend the Dutchman for good quality food and service.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Welcome to the forum KAL. :cheers:

Sounds good. May give it a whirl when I'm back in Hua Hin. It will have to start at the back of the queue though as I have a fair few eateries I have been meaning to visit but haven't done so yet. All in good time.

Have to say though that it's always a little suspect when someone's first ever post is recommending a place. Not to say there is anything 'iffy' here though.
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

LOL Probably because we posted a Facebook comment inviting everyone that has been to our place to give a review on here.
Regards,

Manou
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^Ahh... :D

Will certainly be popping into your place over August. Will you be open as usual for the first two weekends? Reason I ask is they are both holiday weekends hence my visits to Hua Hin. :cheers:
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Yes we will be, for now we close on Mondays though.
Regards,

Manou
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Couple of suggestions for the owner.

Came in for a snack last week and would hope both could be improved

Had tomato soup and it was not quite up to standard, the portion was about a cup full, if you did a proper bowl of soup ans some bread and made the tomato soup a bit mor tomatoy (hope you understand)

Also had a prawn cocktail and if you can you need to improve the marie rose sauce, it was very watery. If you thicken it up it will be fine.

Had a couple of friends who had recommended it on the fish and chips, so may try that next time.

Good luck in your venture and I hope the constructive critisism is taken the right way
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Hello Blue05,

It is a tomato cream soup, that's probably why you tasted the tomato's less then a normal tomato soup.
Maybe we will put a normal tomato soup on the menu soon.

Will check the whiskey sauce myself tomorrow, they make it fresh every time and normally it is the proper thickness.
Was checking the bills when that was ordered at the same time, but it must be weeks ago or more?
Regards,

Manou
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Thanks for that, thought it was a week past sunday, may have been the previous week
mrgtingtong
Novice
Novice

Post by mrgtingtong »

Been to hua hin several times but must of missed your place, will deffo visit next time im there,
food sounds very good.
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Could be mrtingtong. We have only opened since the 2nd of June.
I hope to you see you, when you get back!
Regards,

Manou
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

I am loathe to adversely comment on a newly open eating place but in the interest of health... My wife and I had Fish and Chips on Saturday.. About 3 hours later both my wife and I were violently vomiting.. As we only had croissants earlier in the day, must blame the F&C.. Fish always a danger product if stored.

However, we are prepared to return again.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

bapak wrote:I am loathe to adversely comment on a newly open eating place but in the interest of health... My wife and I had Fish and Chips on Saturday.. About 3 hours later both my wife and I were violently vomiting.. As we only had croissants earlier in the day, must blame the F&C.. Fish always a danger product if stored.

However, we are prepared to return again.
It's more than likely something you ate the day before.

There are several types of food poisoning, and even the quickest (and rarest) type doesn't usually hit for at least 6 hours.
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Very strange! The Fish is not stored long, so always fresh.
That is actually our policy for almost every product. Most products we stock up for maximum two days, to keep products as fresh as possible.
I was in the restaurant a few times briefly that day, as I had a few opening parties to make appearance (always everything on the same day), but when coming back from Phetchaburi late afternoon I took a fish and chips with some friends, who all enjoyed it and are fine like me.

I think it has to have been some other influence (flue, something eaten earlier or the day before perhaps?) and therefore want invite you and your wife to try the fish and chips once more on the house. With this we hope you can revise your opinion and realize this must have been another influence.
I do not always check my messages on here frequently so please let me know when you are coming per personal message 1 day before. I will make sure my staff knows the fish and chips for you and your wife will be free of charge.
Regards,

Manou