Headphones for TV via AV unit

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Headphones for TV via AV unit

Post by thecolonel »

I have a Panasonic SA PT460 Home theatre system and I have my Sony Bravia TV sound routed through it by default, all good so far!

Recently bought some Sony headphones. I set all up and plugged them into the jack socket at front of the Panasonic box. Headphone volume is so quiet it's almost as if the sound is there but being blocked a switch somewhere (that needs turning on!)

Nb the headphones deffo work as if I default back to TV speaker and connect direct to TV then no problem!

Also interestingly when I connect to Panasonic system and I select FM radio(from source) that works perfectly! So it's just the TV(source :Aux) that won't go through the headphones, which is a pain as that is my default set up for watching TV and I don't want to have to change back to TV speaker each time I want to use them.... Arrrrrgggghhhh!

Any ideas? Thanks ImageImageImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Headphones for TV via AV unit

Post by handdrummer »

What is the OHM rating on your headphones? If the rating is lower than 4 Ohms you may not have enough power to drive the headphones. Most TV's need at least an 8 Ohm headphone. If you have a pair of earbuds try those. If they work it's probably because of the higher Ohm rating. If not someone else, who knows more than I do, may have another idea.