From Analog To Digital....?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

From Analog To Digital....?

Post by T.O.M. »

Please allow a probably silly question from an absolute low-tech poster.
Have Hua Hin Cable TV in two different houses....In one house I have access to all their digital programs and in another house I can only receive their analog programs.....WHY?
Both TV sets are reasonably new (2-3 years).....Is the problem in the cable from the street to the house? Can you install a box converting the analog signal to digital..?
Thank you.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: From Analog To Digital....?

Post by hhinner »

Are both TVs the same model? If not, do they both have digital tuners?
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

^^ No they are different models. In the house, where I am able to get to get the digital channels, it is an expensive Sony....whereas in the house where I can only receive the analog programs, it is a cheap Chinese No-brand.
Probably without a digital tuner. So my question is....Is it possible to add an external digital tuner (a box) or do I have to change to a better TV?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

You can tell if the TV has a digital tuner or not. In the program set up menu there will usually be the choice of analog, digital or both. There may be other digital TV set up options also.

You can add a digital set top box to receive the digital signals. Connects to TV with A/V (old style 3 wire red, white, yellow connectors) or HDMI. Buy from e.g. Tesco, Home Pro, Power Buy, Big Kiang.