TV and internet packages....latest offers

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

TV and internet packages....latest offers

Post by NOKYAI »

My cable bill with G and Tung has arrived and I am wanting to upgrade from 3 BB to fibre.

Are there any recommendations for a joint package to cover both. We are not big TV watchers, but I like some English TV in the evenings and we watch Thai news over mealtimes. I’m happy using a VPN and streaming F1 on the iPad so don’t need loads of sports channels.

What are you all using?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Re: TV and internet packages....latest offers

Post by Big Boy »

You can get a pretty good deal with AIS - go in and discuss what they can give you. We're delighted with them.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I’m not sure we have fibre coverage in Mon Mai, their map says no! I have asked them to call me.
We have True fibre and 3 BB going past the house.

I might have to go to one of the hateful ( for me) shopping malls and discuss it. :-(
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

True have very good packages, but are expensive for what you get. I've never experienced 3BB's TV, but have been told it is limited.

If you aren't too fussy about TV, and you're happy with regular English programs plus a little bit more, you can't really beat TVMucho, which works out at 152 Baht/month if you subscribe to their annual package.

Points 41; Position 18
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Why not use G and Tung for both?
8800 baht for 13 months cable and internet package. Fiber.
We have it in a house near Mon Mai, so they are in the area.
Had True before....disaster...especially their office staff, if you needed help.
Had G and Tung for 6 months now, and so far...so good.... :D
Actually so happy, that we have decided to move to G & T, when our present contracts expires in our other two rentals, not to save a few thousand, but because it is working well.
And the staff at the small G and Tung office are light years ahead of the staff of the big providers, both when it comes to knowledge and level of service.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I didn’t know G&T did fibre internet!
That might be the answer.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Where is the office T.O.M?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Across the road from the original Baguette I believe.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

NOKYAI wrote:I didn’t know G&T did fibre internet!
That might be the answer.
You might see their trucks around town advertising HiNet fiber. We have their cable TV only, which isn't too bad for 2500 baht per year. Not much good English language TV though. They supply Sky Net sports from Burma, which usually gives a choice of 2 or 3 EPL games on Saturday during the season. Signal can be a bit iffy sometimes. Both analog and digital signals in the same cable. Haven't been able to find out who the actual internet backbone provider is, so haven't changed from 3bb.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Just been to the office, very helpful and cheerful. Easy switch, paying B2300 every 3 months for 50/20 and TV which has 200 channels and a good few in English including Fox sports so I can watch F1. A very productive afternoon. Thanks everyone!