Charges for installing an internet cable/service

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Charges for installing an internet cable/service

Post by handdrummer »

There is no internet cable into my house and I'm stuck with an aircard and Dtrash for a server. Do the servers charge to install a cable?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Digital Surgery

Post by hhinner »

^ Depends on distance. If your street is already cabled up there won't be a cable charge. There may or may not be a charge for modem/router and set up. Any adverts on power poles where you live?
Big Boy

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by Big Boy »

I have AIS, and yes, there was a small installation cost (Don't remember how much). I know I wasn't upset by the cost.

Before AIS, we had True. Again, a small installation cost, but the worse part, they wanted paying for deinstallation as well. I'm sure I could have gotten away with the deinstallation cost, but again, only minor. What did I get for deinstallation? Sweet FA - a guy arrived, collected the boxes and went again.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was surprised with 3BB. When I upgraded to fibre, they had to drag a cable almost half a kilometre and there was no charge and no charge for the router either. Maybe I was 'special' ...... lol
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Yes HHT 3BB were good to us also when we connected to Fibre, because the cable had to come about 1.5 klms - there were two of us wanting the connection and we were both charged 1 years subscription in advance.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Charges for installing an internet cable/service

Post by migrant »

We just had internet put in here in Bang Saphan with TOT. The nearest boxes were all full so they had to put a cable in from a distance. They gave the first 700 meters free and after was 14 baht per meter
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Our soi is cabled up by most, if not all, of the locally operating ISPs. I suspect that if I wanted to change, at least one of them would offer free set up. Currently on 3BB vdsl, which is more than adequate. Could easily switch to fiber. Or go to AIS, True, CAT, TOT, HiNet.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Do any of them offer discounts if you have your phone, internet, TV all with the same provider?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have TV with my Internet - TV is excellent, and very cheap. I would imagine as good a deal as you'd get anywhere.

Points 41; Position 18
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

When I was looking to change my Internet package last year, I found that AIS and True offer packages with mobile phone SIM, Internet and TV. True also included an option for a land line, I don't know that AIS have a landline option(I can see no mention of it in their brochures or online). They both in effect, include the TV package (a basic one at least) for free with the Internet package, with additional channels available at a cost.

The True and AIS packages come with a stand-alone TV box. 3BB, as far as I can tell, only offers a free TV app for phones/tablets/Android TV boxes which has the free terrestrial TV channels plus various video on demand options.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Big Boy wrote:I have TV with my Internet - TV is excellent, and very cheap. I would imagine as good a deal as you'd get anywhere.
Thank you Image
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

GroveHillWanderer wrote:When I was looking to change my Internet package last year, I found that AIS and True offer packages with mobile phone SIM, Internet and TV. True also included an option for a land line, I don't know that AIS have a landline option(I can see no mention of it in their brochures or online). They both in effect, include the TV package (a basic one at least) for free with the Internet package, with additional channels available at a cost.

The True and AIS packages come with a stand-alone TV box. 3BB, as far as I can tell, only offers a free TV app for phones/tablets/Android TV boxes which has the free terrestrial TV channels plus various video on demand options.
Thank you Image
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've just listened to a news report stating that Facebook has just won the rights to broadcast Premier League football to SE Asia. No details on cost, whether it's going to be supported by ads or a subscription.
That'll upset a certain company in Thailand!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I believe we have at least one other thread on that when it was news :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36394#p468617

Points 41; Position 18