How Do You Receive Your Thai TV?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design

How Do You Receive Your Thai TV?

True
21%
AIS
7%
Cable
29%
HD Prime
No votes
Direct via aerial or satellite dish
43%
Other (please name)
No votes

Total votes: 14

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: How Do You Receive Your Thai TV?

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:00 pm Even the villagers in Mrs BB's village don't get their Thai TV by traditional methods. At least, that has always been what I thought - every house seems to have a huge dish that moves mechanically - I suppose they may be receiving the signal direct.
They had a lot of those dishes in my partners village in Issan, I had a look at them and if I remember correctly, they were getting a signal from an Indian satellite service that carried Thai channels and the reason they were popular is because the service was free once you'd bought the dish and receiver.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:22 pm I won't, and I'm sorry if that bemuses you. I have since heard of 2 others with the same problem, yet they continue to pay, so maybe you're right - I should just pay the extra and smile.
No, I wouldn't stay either if I was being overcharged, but luckily I'm not. I seriously wish you luck in finding a system that works and suits your needs.

If it was just the footie I was interested in I would use warpfootball.com.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For World Cup I'm sorted, even more so with TVMucho in my war locker. Real football, beIN Sports at 199 Baht/month is marvellous - of course, no guarantee they will have the right for next season.

However, this thread was genuine interest whether anybody received Thai TV direct, and I have been very surprised at the poll results. Just 1 would have surprised me.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

To be honest, it's no different for me here than in the UK. When I moved out to the sticks I had to use sky for the first time as there wasn't a cable option. I was amazed when in bad weather, that the signal could go awol. In such cases, I just turned to terrestrial TV and carried on with what I was watching. Not an option if live football, of course, but still handy.
Talk is cheap