I Lert U - Thai police emergency app

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

I Lert U - Thai police emergency app

Post by Big Boy »

I'm putting this here because its an app, but if any of my moderator colleagues feel it is better placed elsewhere, then feel free to move it.

The Royal Thai Police have launched an app that can be used in emergency situations.
ilertu1.jpg
ilertu1.jpg (54.43 KiB) Viewed 948 times
It has an English interface also:
ilertu2.jpg
ilertu2.jpg (22.05 KiB) Viewed 948 times
It looks to answer a couple of mysteries for me that could make it invaluable, and I will be downloading it to give it a go i.e.

- I've never known what phone number to call for an ambulance.

- If I were on the road, and needed help, I wouldn't have a clue how to relay my location. This seems to have an Uber type tracking system.

Definitely looks worthy of further investigation.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: I Lert U - Thai police emergency app

Post by Takiap »

Seems like it might be a good idea, but the sign for the ambulance option looks to me as if it may be a link to Bangkok Hospital, in which case I would certainly not want to use if for myself. I'd much rather be picked up and taken to Hua-Hin hospital where doctors are more concerned about your health than they are about relieving you of your life's savings.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I refuse to register to be able to read all of this, but it is just typical of the logic here. Endless phone numbers for emergencies, and now another one. It would be a crying shame if they were able to get their shite together and have just the one national number. You can be sure that the new police app is providing some pocket money for someone!

Emergency? Just dial 'M' for mayhem

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opi ... for-mayhem

Do you know what emergency number to call in case of fire? It's 199. By the way, that number is good if you have unwelcome animals intruding into your house too.

How about a health emergency?
Well, you can choose between 1669 for the National Institute of Emergency Medicine, 1646 for the BMA's Erawan Emergency Centre or 1554 for Vachira Hospital's medical ambulance team.

If it's a disaster, like a bridge falling down or flash flood heading your way, keep in your memory that the number to call is 192. If it's something less cataclysmic, like a road accident, it is 1146. Don't forget that when it comes to a car or motorcycle theft, the hotline is 1192. For illegal drugs, it's 1165 but general complaints about foods and drugs go to 1556. If a taxi refused a trip, call 1584.

These do not include 1195 for the crime suppression police, 1784 for public disasters, 1146 for road safety services belonging to the rural road department, 1356 for general transport safety and 1300 to report a missing person.

That is not all. Each and every government ministry and agency also maintains their own hotline numbers. There is the 1111 hotline for public services, 1567 for public services as well but probably only those pertaining to the Interior Ministry, 1166 for consumer protection, 1355 for the Administrative Court and 1765 for the Ministry of Culture.

Why do we need so many hotlines and "emergency'' numbers? Does it help people in urgent need this way? Who can possibly remember which specific number to use for which specific occasion?

In total, we have close to a hundred of these so-called hotlines. Some belong to the government, others operated by private entities such as the JS100 radio (whose numbers are 1808 and 1137 in case you need them.)

more...................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....at the link

And I have just discovered that if you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "print this" button, as I do to copy and paste other articles, presto, the full article opens! TIT at its best! :roll:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:

I do realize that this is not really a laughing matter, but, oh well, ......................

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Cops plot '191' number for all emergencies

Smart system to link with GPS, CCTV cams

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

Royal Thai Police and the telecom regulator plan to launch 191 as a single national emergency smart telephone number in early 2020 to consolidate all critical emergency calls into a single platform, embedded with location-based applications and connected to nationwide CCTV.

With a budget of around 7 billion baht from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), the proposal will be submitted to the government and cabinet for approval this month.

Takorn Tantasith, secretary-general of the NBTC, said the commission is pushing the scheme after reviewing the concept details, which fall in line with the government's current push to upgrade key infrastructure technology.
"The latest details of the project target the efficient handling of all emergency calls and critical cases to prevent loss of life or property," he said.

Mr Takorn said the Royal Thai Police would be the major agency overseeing the project, including sourcing technology suppliers via an auction process, under the supervision of the government.
The NBTC will advise on the project with regard to the technical details.

The smart 191 call system is expected to be connected to other emergency call centres operated by other agencies, such as the 1669 number used by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation.

For medical emergencies, people can call the new 191 number and it will automatically connect to the 1669 operators and the system will highlight the caller's location, he said.

"The 191 number will not only be used for crime or security issues, but all emergencies that require assistance from state agencies," Mr Takorn said.

At present, there are some 30 emergency numbers operated by several government agencies and private organisations.

"If the smart number system is implemented, it will help people in need and reduce the burden on call centre staff who frequently have to deal with requests for the numbers of other state agency call centres," said Mr Takorn.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 am Cops plot '191' number for all emergencies

Smart system to link with GPS, CCTV cams

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

Royal Thai Police and the telecom regulator plan to launch 191 as a single national emergency smart telephone number in early 2020 to consolidate all critical emergency calls into a single platform, embedded with location-based applications and connected to nationwide CCTV.

With a budget of around 7 billion baht from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), the proposal will be submitted to the government and cabinet for approval this month.

Takorn Tantasith, secretary-general of the NBTC, said the commission is pushing the scheme after reviewing the concept details, which fall in line with the government's current push to upgrade key infrastructure technology.
"The latest details of the project target the efficient handling of all emergency calls and critical cases to prevent loss of life or property," he said.

Mr Takorn said the Royal Thai Police would be the major agency overseeing the project, including sourcing technology suppliers via an auction process, under the supervision of the government.
The NBTC will advise on the project with regard to the technical details.

The smart 191 call system is expected to be connected to other emergency call centres operated by other agencies, such as the 1669 number used by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation.

For medical emergencies, people can call the new 191 number and it will automatically connect to the 1669 operators and the system will highlight the caller's location, he said.

"The 191 number will not only be used for crime or security issues, but all emergencies that require assistance from state agencies," Mr Takorn said.

At present, there are some 30 emergency numbers operated by several government agencies and private organisations.

"If the smart number system is implemented, it will help people in need and reduce the burden on call centre staff who frequently have to deal with requests for the numbers of other state agency call centres," said Mr Takorn.
Seems as though somebody with influence read your post dated 8th May!!