Mobile phone blockers in Hua Hin?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mobile phone blockers in Hua Hin?

Post by StevePIraq »

I can see a slight benefit to this however I think the negative aspects far outweigh the positive.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: phone blockers

Post by 404cameljockey »

albaker wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:32 am I can't answer you, apart from suggesting the computer shops on the top floor of Market Village mall, or maybe Hua Hin Shopping Mall (the old mall opposite the temple in town).

I don't want to seem rude, but I wonder why people need these things? I'm just genuinely curious. If it sounds useful I may buy one! :)
Hi want one as fed up with travelling to and from work and having to listening to other peoples " loud and personal " phone calls .
Thanks, now I follow you. A bit harsh if someone is having a heart attack in the next carriage and people are trying to phone ahead for an ambulance! I can see why they might be made illegal for possession without some kind of a licence (however TIT so does not apply).
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

. A bit harsh if someone is having a heart attack in the next carriage and people are trying to phone ahead for an ambulance!
Or if you have a heart attack and don't have time to turn it off!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

STEVE G wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 pm
. A bit harsh if someone is having a heart attack in the next carriage and people are trying to phone ahead for an ambulance!
Or if you have a heart attack and don't have time to turn it off!
Hoist by your own petard, sir! :)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 pm
albaker wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:32 am I can't answer you, apart from suggesting the computer shops on the top floor of Market Village mall, or maybe Hua Hin Shopping Mall (the old mall opposite the temple in town).

I don't want to seem rude, but I wonder why people need these things? I'm just genuinely curious. If it sounds useful I may buy one! :)
Hi want one as fed up with travelling to and from work and having to listening to other peoples " loud and personal " phone calls .
Thanks, now I follow you. A bit harsh if someone is having a heart attack in the next carriage and people are trying to phone ahead for an ambulance! I can see why they might be made illegal for possession without some kind of a licence (however TIT so does not apply).
A valid point, and one which could equally apply to mobile phones in cars and etc.

I sure vehicle manufacturers could install some sort of signal blockers that kick in once you turn the ignition on. Of course, there may be times when drivers or their passengers need to make a potentially life saving emergency call, but I am sure the number of people who are alive today because they were able to make a call while driving doesn't come close to the number of people who have died because of mobile phones being used while driving.

Every single day of my life I encounter motorists who are basically oblivious to their surrounding because they are so preoccupied with their phones, and I would say less than 0.0001% have a valid reason for using their phones while driving.

It's actually very sad really that people, and so-called intelligent people, have allowed a few tech giants to seize control of their lives. I bet you the average person with a mobile phone spends more time on Facebook than they do with those who the apparently love. I mean, why on earth would you want to entertain your children or spend some time chatting to them or your wife or those who are in your company if you can rather spend your time staring at a screen like and sharing things which are for the most part a load of bullshit.

I personally would love to see restrictions on mobile phone usage. A case in point, a few weeks back I was sitting having a can of beer at the little kiosk outside Market Village, when out came a Thai lady pushing a pram. Her husband went off to get their car, leaving his wife with their baby in the pram. Of course this wonderful mother was so busy with her phone that she never even saw the pram rolling away towards the curb when it would obviously flipped over into the road. I let out an almighty shout, and thankfully a nearby person grabbed hold of the pram just in time. The mother said thank you, and then with one hand on the pram, she went straight back to her phone.

Sorry, I have reached a point where I quite literally hate, not mobile phones, but the fact that you can use them for things like Facebook, which in my opinion should be banned or at least restricted to things like notebooks, laptops and etc. :twisted:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Takiap wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 am I sure vehicle manufacturers could install some sort of signal blockers that kick in once you turn the ignition on. Of course, there may be times when drivers or their passengers need to make a potentially life saving emergency call, but I am sure the number of people who are alive today because they were able to make a call while driving doesn't come close to the number of people who have died because of mobile phones being used while driving.

Every single day of my life I encounter motorists who are basically oblivious to their surrounding because they are so preoccupied with their phones, and I would say less than 0.0001% have a valid reason for using their phones while driving.
so absolutely true. We can put men on the moon, we can clone sheep, we can print bridges, surely we can install a blocking device on every car. Is there EVER a single good reason to phone when we're driving? If someone in the car is having a heart attack and the blocking device stops working when the car is stationary, then you stop to call an ambulance. Probably a good idea anyway to stop. For the 0.00001% of valid reasons to use phone while driving, then they need to invent a remote "unblocker" so that the husband driving his wife to the hospital while she is in last stages of labour can still get help through the phone while driving. Or Joe Public following the shooters in their getaway car can drive and follow and keep the police up to date. But only the emergency services should be able to unblock/overrule the blocking device.

I am so with you about how mobile phones have taken over. Can you tell? lol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Takiap wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 am Every single day of my life I encounter motorists who are basically oblivious to their surrounding because they are so preoccupied with their phones, and I would say less than 0.0001% have a valid reason for using their phones while driving.
Sadly, not only motorists (thinking car drivers) but motorcycles as well (sorry if you grouped in motorcyclists with motorists). Umbrella in one hand, texting with the other - it is scary stuff. Just the texting is bad enough, but today...............

Then there's contortionist motorcyclist who manages to ride with the phone somehow wedged on his shoulder. His arse and legs sticking out the other way to compensate (needs to hang a wide load sign on his bike). He must have a very unusual view of the road. Lev was enjoying a beer on my front porch a couple of days ago when a Farang as described came up my road on some sort of monster bike. I think he was taking instructions over the phone, which didn't work because my road is a dead end 2 doors up. We then watched the contortionist go back down in the opposite direction laying almost horizontal to maintain his phone's secure fixing.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hahaha, yes BB, I was actually referring to all road users. :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact