What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:So is this Teatime TV a free or paid service? If the latter how much and is it worth it? Getting fed up with Kodi streams not running over half the time.

Edit: just read the site, its paid, works out at 8,300 per year so not cheap. We dont watch that much TV and I can still get most things from torrents.
It's currently free. But who knows for how long. Although prices are posted there are no instructions on how to pay.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Will give it a go then, looks very similar to the Expat TV formula which worked pretty well.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I just played it and the channels are all the FREE UK stations - quality was good and of course downloads available.

No cost but they do have a price list at Bht600per month so will happen later one does not know. Anyway there are other free alternatives but this site looks good.

Seems similar to EXpatTV without all the other channels, Sky etc etc
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So, has Teatime gone to the wall again? I was considering paying for the service - I've got a lot of options already, but the fact is, I use Teatime more than anything.

I switched it on to watch the Brazil/Mexico match tonight and only 2 channels are working i.e. CBeebies and ITV4. All of the other icons have disappeared.

I'm on about Plan D for watching the footie now :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Thai channels are showing the game.

Teatime would have killed your channels when you allowed it to upgrade. I cancelled the upgrade and can still watch all channels, including the Brazil game on the BBC - for now.

Not a good sign that they don't respond to email so I won't be subscribing.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I just checked teatime tv and it said a small selection - 2 channels as above - was available until I paid my fees. But the email I received said I have a free trial until Wednesday. Not happy with that, so I'm out as well.
Talk is cheap
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Same as Caller, also out
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 pm The Thai channels are showing the game.

Teatime would have killed your channels when you allowed it to upgrade. I cancelled the upgrade and can still watch all channels, including the Brazil game on the BBC - for now.

Not a good sign that they don't respond to email so I won't be subscribing.
I did not allow it to upgrade. I have 2 channels. I was 99% going to subscribe today - stuff them.

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yep Teatime a dead duck now.

You know with a VPN set on a UK IP address you can watch games on catchup using the ITV Hub, BBC iPlayer won't stream on my crappy TOT connection though.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Despite what others have said, I have the full package on HDPrime. i.e. All the TV channels, movies, series etc. All the TV channels have catch-up. For some reason I don't have the freezing/buffering problems that have been reported. Well, very occasionally and very quickly solved. Maybe I'm just very lucky.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think you are lucky HHTel. A few weeks ago, I purchased True Money to enable me to watch Thai football (HD Prime's Thai Channels always worked fine). Before I had to use it, I found some freebie links, so the credit sat there, unused, Yesterday, following the demise of Teatime, and after hearing the positive feedback on here I thought I'd spend my credit for the footie, and switched to ITV - absolute garbage, no matter how I tried, I couldn't get a picture that was acceptable to me. There was a stream, but I would not strain my eyes trying to watch it. I was thinking 380 Baht down the drain.

My son and I were thinking it would have to be a bar for tonight's England game.

Eventually, I moved to Amarin34, and the reception was perfect. However, for UK channels, I saw absolutely no improvement to when I dumped it before, and my Internet speeds are 4x what they used to be. In conclusion, it will work for Thai TV, but this period is extraordinary in that I wouldn't normally be interested in Thai TV. When the WC ends, so will my interest in HD Prime.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

We can only bang the drum so many times, but I and a number of there’s have repeatedly sung the praises of TVMucho and at just 155 Baht a month if you subscribe for a year, It’s very reasonable.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

DB, I hear you everytime, but whenever I try to play anything using my daily free hour, nothing happens. Can you give me a clue please?

[Edit] Maybe I should clarify - live works fine, but outside of the WC, my needs are catchup.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Actually, I might be being a bit harsh on teatime. As I never downloaded the version they sent or entered the code that came with it. Had I done so, I'm sure I would have my freebie until Wednesday. But I think I will go VPN in any case.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 pm DB, I hear you everytime, but whenever I try to play anything using my daily free hour, nothing happens. Can you give me a clue please?

[Edit] Maybe I should clarify - live works fine, but outside of the WC, my needs are catchup.
I take it all back, I clicked quite a few times, and eventually, catchup played - pretty good too :D

Points 41; Position 18