What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
t080752
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by t080752 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 pm

Are there satalitte or cable providers? While we are British, we have been abroad for years so used to not having decent TV.

At the moment I have a satellite dish that gets Myanmar channels of HBO and all the other similar.

Kids need the cartoon channel.

Wife would love me for ever for Eastenders and Britain's got talent.



Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32108
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by Big Boy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

http://teatimetv.to/ Consider yourself loved forever, and it's free.

I also have AIS who do decent Internet and their Platinum TV Package, which gives more TV than anybody could watch for as little as 799 Baht/month.
Season 2017/18 Plymouth Argyle

Points 68; Position 7

I BELIEVED It's still coming home. Just not quite sure when.

t080752
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Re: RE: Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by t080752 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 am

Big Boy wrote:http://teatimetv.to/ Consider yourself loved forever, and it's free.

I also have AIS who do decent Internet and their Platinum TV Package, which gives more TV than anybody could watch for as little as 799 Baht/month.
Thanks Big Boy. That's fantastic. Appreciate that loads. I shall get AIS when I arrive.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32108
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by Big Boy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 am

There is True as well who offer a fantastic satellite TV product - I used them for a long time, but I couldn't get on with their billing system, and had to move on. Many are very happy with their service.
Season 2017/18 Plymouth Argyle

Points 68; Position 7

I BELIEVED It's still coming home. Just not quite sure when.

chaspul
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:07 am
Location: Hua Hin

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by chaspul » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 am

I use Mucho TV via internet and android box. can also run via computer. All UK channels and more, 7 day recorded playback.
Google it, you get one hour free per day to trial. Subscriptions get cheaper per month if you opt for longer periods, monthly on demand, monthly .quarterly, or annually re-occurring on credit card.
I use the quarterly option as I have been bitten before by the collapse of Thai internet providers. However now in my fourth quarter with only minor glitches, good online support.
Chas
PS if you use computer IE is not supported by the player but most other browsers are.

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4945
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by Dannie Boy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 am

chaspul wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 am
I use Mucho TV via internet and android box. can also run via computer. All UK channels and more, 7 day recorded playback.
Google it, you get one hour free per day to trial. Subscriptions get cheaper per month if you opt for longer periods, monthly on demand, monthly .quarterly, or annually re-occurring on credit card.
I use the quarterly option as I have been bitten before by the collapse of Thai internet providers. However now in my fourth quarter with only minor glitches, good online support.
Chas
PS if you use computer IE is not supported by the player but most other browsers are.
Just had a quick look and it seems to be very good value for the money, €20 a quarter and about €45 for a whole year. I currently have an annual VPN subscription but about a month before it’s due for renewal, will probably give this a try to test it out.

User avatar
johnjar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:34 pm
Location: soi bonkai , Thailand

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by johnjar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 am

Big Boy wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm
http://teatimetv.to/ Consider yourself loved forever, and it's free.

I also have AIS who do decent Internet and their Platinum TV Package, which gives more TV than anybody could watch for as little as 799 Baht/month.
BB Thanks I never heard of it before ...Teatimetv looks a great site :)

GroveHillWanderer
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Nong Kae

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by GroveHillWanderer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:14 am

Big Boy wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 am
There is True as well who offer a fantastic satellite TV product - I used them for a long time, but I couldn't get on with their billing system, and had to move on. Many are very happy with their service.
I still have a subscription to True Visions TV but their basic line-up does not contain any UK TV channels and even with their full package all you get is BBC World News, BBC Earth and BBC Lifestyle. I have it for the sports coverage including the English Premier League, UCL etc.

So if you're interested mainly in UK TV channels, I'm not sure True would give you what you want.

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32108
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by Big Boy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 am

This is why I supplement with Teatime TV - it works, unlike many of the Android solutions, which drive me mad with the buffering problems.
Season 2017/18 Plymouth Argyle

Points 68; Position 7

I BELIEVED It's still coming home. Just not quite sure when.

t080752
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Re: RE: Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by t080752 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 am

Big Boy wrote:This is why I supplement with Teatime TV - it works, unlike many of the Android solutions, which drive me mad with the buffering problems.
Well, I have just wasted a morning here in the office with that Teatime TV.

I watched Posh Pawn and Egg heads.

Brilliant that you don't need a VPN, even from the location I am in which is a massive positive.

This is the find of the century for me. Thanks Big Boy. I am forever in your debt.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk


User avatar
barrys
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2124
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: Enjoying the sea air on a boat around Pak Nam Pran

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by barrys » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am

I'v been using TVMucho for about 8 months now and, apart from a small glitch early on (which they resolved within a day), the service has been excellent.

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3538
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by HHTel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:54 am

There is also FirstOneTv.net which has dozens of channels from all over the world including 50 or 60 from the UK. Free. No vpn needed. Only live tv so no catch-up.

chaspul
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:07 am
Location: Hua Hin

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by chaspul » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Just opened email invoice from Mucho telling me they have taken payment for next quarter. I can then clear my credit card.
Chas

christopher1
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by christopher1 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:46 am

teatimetv sadly no longer working!

dundrillin
Guru
Guru
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 am
Location: huahin

Re: What are the TV service options in Hua Hin.

Post by dundrillin » Fri May 04, 2018 9:13 am

What's LINE tv like

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests