How to make payment for True Vision subscription

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Geko
Professional
Professional

How to make payment for True Vision subscription

Post by Geko »

I normally pay my 'True Vision' satellite subscription at 'Pure' on Phetkasim Road, but this appears to be shutdown now, Where or what are the alternatives to pay for this service?
Big Boy

Re: How to make payment for True Vision subscription

Post by Big Boy »

There are several options:

- True shop at the bottom of Soi 72 (Night Market)
- True shop top floor Market Village
- True shop Bluport
- There's a True shop opposite Dinosaur Market, but not sure if they take payment.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Thanks Big Boy, good info.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:51 am There are several options:

- True shop at the bottom of Soi 72 (Night Market)
- True shop top floor Market Village
- True shop Bluport
- There's a True shop opposite Dinosaur Market, but not sure if they take payment.
we have paid there a couple of times,thought its a 2 years ago

:cheers: :cheers:
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I pay directly through my bank. True sends me a bill by text, takes the money a few days later and then sends a text saying thankyou. Works perfectly.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Would have thought you could pay at 7-11.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HarryVardon wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:26 pm I pay directly through my bank. True sends me a bill by text, takes the money a few days later and then sends a text saying thankyou. Works perfectly.
hhinner wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:58 pm Would have thought you could pay at 7-11.
The problem with both of these solutions is the inability of True to be able to produce a monthly bill. I've been with True for about 3 years now, and I'm very happy with their product. However, in that time, I'd be surprised if we've received more than 6 monthly bills, and not one of those has been correct. For some strange reason, we received 2 bills this month, after we'd paid.

We have to visit the shop once each month (I know approximately what the bill will be, but it varies because telephone is included in the package). We present all previous bills to the desk clerk, and she will calculate a figure. If that figure is within my acceptable parameters, we gladly hand over the cash. However, more often than not, the suggested payment is well outside my acceptable parameters - then the war begins.

Normally, a supervisor has to be called, and eventually a figure is agreed upon - always well below what the desk clerk asked for. Incompetence or scam I don't know, but this happens about 50% of the time. Several times, I've asked them to explain the bill i.e. how much for TV, how much for Internet and how much for telephone (3 numbers that should add up to what they are asking), but this always angers the desk clerk, and they never have time to tell me.

My worry with the suggested solutions is how do the 2 posters know they are paying the correct amount? I have written to head office, but they were just as unhelpful. I know that I'm not the only one because my daughter used to suffer similar problems, but she eventually dumped them.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

The only dealings I've ever had with True were True Money for Ilikehd, so didn't realise that it might be as khrap at BB says. I'll bet cancellation of service is fun.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Believe me, they've threatened that sometimes as well until we prove that we've paid. A big rectangle appears on the TV screen, basically saying, "Pay it or lose it." Normally I'd have walked long ago, but their product is very good - or at least the bits we use. I have considered other products, but they did not meet my requirements.

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I vary rarely get a bill for my True internet connection but I managed to sign up online and am able to make payments through the website every month. They allow credit/debit card payments and something which they call "Direct Debit", whereby you are presented with a gateway to sign in with your bank account's online banking credentials and they (your bank) ask you to authorise the payment (think in a similar way to when you buy products online using PayPal, sign in-accept-returned to vendors web site). It has worked very well for me, but I'm not sure if all of their products have such a system in place.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That would be fine if there were no variables in your package i,e, you'd know how much to pay each month. My package requires us to have a phone.

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

The internet site lists invoices and shows how much you need to pay. You can even select which invoices to pay if you only want to pay the (over)due ones and not ones that have only just been generated
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, thanks - I will have a look, and let you know how I get on.

Points 41; Position 18
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Found this very topical article in today's 'The Nation'

I wonder if True has the slightest concept of the meaning of customer service?

On June 23 I received my bill for June and noted the cost had increased by 7 per cent. Yesterday I went to the True shop in Pattaya to query the increase and was told it was due to VAT being added. Why has it never been applied previously? The shop suggested I call Customer Service for further explanation and to ask why I had not been previously notified of the increase, either in writing or even by a phone message. I regularly pay the monthly bill on the 26th of each month. However as I first wanted an explanation of the increase, this time I did not pay on June 26th. This morning my service was disconnected. I called Customer Service and the automated message recognised my phone number and said the service was disconnected due to non-payment of the bill. It would be reconnected after payment was made plus a reconnection charge would be added. Trying to talk to a real person at the Customer Service phone number is like calling someone on the moon!

I have three suggestions for True Corp:

1. If the service cost is to be increased for whatever reason, issue an individual notice to subscribers in adequate time to allow them to decide if they want to pay extra or cancel the service.

2. If the service is about to be disconnected due to late payment, call the subscriber to let them know.

3. Read either of the English-language newspapers to get a better understanding of what people think of True’s service and programme quality.

Chris Kaye

Chon Buri

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/op ... r/30319521
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:42 pm OK, thanks - I will have a look, and let you know how I get on.
I gave up after about 30 minutes of feeding information in - I started to get the feeling there was something not quite right about the system. Every time I completed (sometimes personal) information, I made absolutely no progress, it just kept coming back at me asking 3 more questions. Maybe this explains why the girls behind the desks get confused - another classic Thai web site. :?

My fear was that they were phishing for information - I quit before they got my inside leg measurement.

Points 41; Position 18