DTAC superdeal....too good to be true????

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
nellyp

DTAC superdeal....too good to be true????

Post by nellyp »

So... I went to DTAC with the misses today, and she was looking at a deal that costs 550 for 40GB of internet downloading at hiugh speeds. After that it goes down to 364kbs. It has 600 mins of talk time. This is only available to people changing numbers aparently. I am looking for the down side of this as it seems too good to be true compared to other deals

The only real problem I have with this is that my misses' phone is 800 frequency and she was always roaming with a true card in it. She has AIS in it now (supports 800) but we are getting 4G reception for internet . As far as I know DTAC and TRUE are the same carrier system. Still... anybody know more about the 40Gb deal? I can't find it on the net
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: DTAC superdeal....too good to be true????

Post by J.J.B. »

I'm not sure about the deal but mobile data is cheap as chips in Thailand. Buying 3GB data at 4G costs me £20 in the UK but 49THB in Thailand so it's entirely believable this deal could be genuine. As for the 800Mhz question, I haven't considered it. I'm on AIS and my phone is quad-band so along with most modern devices (if unlocked from a carrier) it will take any SIM...I think.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

But you have to consider if you really need 40GB and 600 mins. I use the Smartphone mainly at home or some other place with WIFI and then I also make calls with LINE or Messenger. So I dont spend more than 50 Baht/month on my dtac SIm-card.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Haven't tried this in a few years, but DTAC worked with the Android phone feature of being a wifi hotspot. I could connect my laptop to the net through the phone. For those who don't have dedicated internet service at home, 40 GB of slower but dedicated bandwidth - or any bandwidth when their net provider is down, is a win.
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

J.J.B. wrote:I'm not sure about the deal but mobile data is cheap as chips in Thailand. Buying 3GB data at 4G costs me £20 in the UK but 49THB in Thailand so it's entirely believable this deal could be genuine. As for the 800Mhz question, I haven't considered it. I'm on AIS and my phone is quad-band so along with most modern devices (if unlocked from a carrier) it will take any SIM...I think.
That was a bargain. I just (10 mins ago)paid 99baht for 1GB of mobile data to true. The misses' phone will take any SIM too, the problem is the frequency. It works on 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE: 800/1800/2100/2600MHz True use 850 so we have to piggyback. I believe the same is true for DTAC, and that is who she is looking like choosing for her new SIM. Simply no telling some people eh. Great deal, but probably not a lot of use :shock:
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

pitsch wrote:But you have to consider if you really need 40GB and 600 mins. I use the Smartphone mainly at home or some other place with WIFI and then I also make calls with LINE or Messenger. So I dont spend more than 50 Baht/month on my dtac SIm-card.
My misses often gets close to the limit of her current 400 mins. her family don't buy credit for their phones of any description, so she needs a lot of talk time, 8 Gb would be easily enough for data though