The Digital Surgery (computer questions/problems here)

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: The Digital Surgery

Post by barrys »

buksida wrote:some use Gmail SMTP server which is also worth a try if you have an account:

Thanks a lot for that buksi. Went the Gmail route ansd it appears to be working a treat :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: The Digital Surgery Adobe Flashplayer with Firefox

Post by musungu »

I am having a lot of trouble downloading Flashplayer when in Firefox. It always stops halfway and tells me to close Firefox, I do and it completes but whenever I go back into Mozilla Firefox the flashplayer comes up on say, a BBC video, saying I need to download Flash - anybody have a link how I can achieve this please?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Make sure you uninstall previous versions of Flashplayer.
Try using Google Chrome for videos.
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Firefox blocking sites

Got a friend who has just developed a website. I can access it on Chrome but it is blocked on Firefox. Tried solutions for FF blocking posted on Google and tried opening FF in safe mode but its time to tear my hair out (what's left of it) :banghead:

Suspended my AVAST and even quit my Window firewall. All to no avail

Any bright spark got any other suggestions please?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

FF often blocks websites containing malicious code or with links to malware websites.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I'm running the latest FireFox on my laptop win 8.1

How do I download videos from youtube?

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
MrMercury
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MrMercury »

Khundon1975 wrote:I'm running the latest FireFox on my laptop win 8.1

How do I download videos from youtube?

:cheers:
I use the Firefox add-on Download YouTube Videos as MP4 which adds a download button to Youtube.
2015-03-14 18 44 09.jpg
2015-03-14 18 44 09.jpg (134.42 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
It works good for me.

MM.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

MrMercury :D

Thanks, works well for me now as well. :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Wot.jpg
Wot.jpg (28.32 KiB) Viewed 944 times
What is this please?

Friend has it mounted on her apartment on the 15th floor of Condo Chain

Couple of years ago she had internet problems and this was installed for free
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

What is this please?
It looks like a directional WIFI antenna. I know someone who plays around with this kind of stuff and apparently you can pick up a signal from up to 2km away with the right equipment.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: The Digital Surgery Adobe flashplayer / Firefox

Post by PET »

Firefox will not accept the full download. I have asked before and it was recommended I uninstall and then download but it does not work. I use Fiorefox as my main IP and have no problem with Flashplayer on IE or Chrome.

When I check Add-ons in Firefox I see Flashplayer there and 'always activate' checked but any say BBC video etc always comes up saying I must download the latest flashplayer version. Possibly I should go back to the previous Firefox download.

Suggestions please
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

RE THE ABOVE

I have installed the latest Firefox and uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and then reinstalled ( using a site that installs (supposedly) for Firefox - it still does not work on Firefox but OK on IE and Chrome -- does nobyelse have this problem or anybody know how to resolve, please because everytime I try to install flashplayer on Firefox it tells me to close firefox firsty!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: The Digital Surgery Making the page image sharper.

Post by musungu »

My eyes are not as good now and I have difficulty reading some of the feint light coloured words eg when I go into 365Sport and look at the schedule, those programs that have already been shown are in dark blue ( no problem) but those which are showing later are in light blue and my eyes can hardly read them. Is there anyway or a program that will enhance the lettering by making it darker or the whole page sharper? Please do not mention glasses because this is a relatively short term situation of a few months.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: The Digital SurgerySharper image

Post by musungu »

Reference the above I use Windows 7
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

PET wrote:RE THE ABOVE

I have installed the latest Firefox and uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and then reinstalled ( using a site that installs (supposedly) for Firefox - it still does not work on Firefox but OK on IE and Chrome -- does nobyelse have this problem or anybody know how to resolve, please because everytime I try to install flashplayer on Firefox it tells me to close firefox firsty!
I went through a spate of similar problems with FF and Adobe and found I was not the only one after Googling it. Got round it by using Flashblock add on. However after the next FF update it resolved itself. Google about a bit and experiment. Tedious I know but there doesn't seem to a simple remedy that applies to all cases
RICHARD OF LOXLEY