Thai SIM with internet?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Thai SIM with internet?

Post by Pleng »

Indeed. All the carriers have booths all pretty much lined up in a row, Thai style.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

Great! Thanks a lot again for the great advice!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:.....Regarding True, they don't have the same coverage as AIS. Probably OK for touristy areas, but Mrs BB uses True, and she was like somebody who'd had her arm cut off during a recent trip to deepest Isaan.
I've noticed there is a groundswell of support with Thai people concerning TRUE. They're the only Thai owned mobile/internet company, although now the Chinese have 40 some odd % I think. They also advertise more than any others, of course on their own TV system, and I don't think they accept advertising from AIS or DTAC. How strange is that!? :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

HHTel wrote:If you are 1 to Call, dial *777*731# then press 'call' You will then get a message saying it's activated.

The cost is 69 Bt for unlimited 7 day access.
I notice nobody has commented on the above system. As said my daughters use it all the time and gives you unlimited access regardless of where you are. You can even make yourself a 'hotspot' so your mate (within a few metres if your phone has the capability) can use it.

If you are going for huge downloads, then it's probably not ideal. But for normal internet use, it's a bargain.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry HHTel, didn't realise you were looking for a comment - it does what it says on the tin.

One of my son's ex girlfriends used it quite frequently (I think there's a daily package for under 20 Baht also). She had no complaints with the system.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:
Big Boy wrote:.....Regarding True, they don't have the same coverage as AIS. Probably OK for touristy areas, but Mrs BB uses True, and she was like somebody who'd had her arm cut off during a recent trip to deepest Isaan.
I've noticed there is a groundswell of support with Thai people concerning TRUE. They're the only Thai owned mobile/internet company, although now the Chinese have 40 some odd % I think. They also advertise more than any others, of course on their own TV system, and I don't think they accept advertising from AIS or DTAC. How strange is that!? :laugh: Pete :cheers:
I sincerely hope that their service is better than both the TV system, and the revolting, mind numbing advertisements that they broadcast! :cuss:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Nereus wrote: I sincerely hope that their service is better than both the TV system, and the revolting, mind numbing advertisements that they broadcast! :cuss:
What service? That is exactly what this company perhaps should be looking for, but I doubt they ever will find it!