Giving up on local CTH

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Giving up on local CTH

Post by bapak »

Have used CTH for several years but now about to reluctantly move to TRUE. CTH are continually moving Channels. Recently BBC disappeared and was replaced by France24 24 hours a day... and now last night Aljajeera has disappeared.
buksida

Re: Giving up on local CTH

Post by buksida »

Why anyone still pays local companies is beyond me when they can get all the TV channels under the sun here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21372
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29880
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: 110%
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Giving up on local CTH

Post by dalmatiandave »

I actually gave my two CTH boxes back on Wednesday at the Cable Company Office. I still had 2 free months to go but I now have all the channels I need including the footie channels on a box I purchased in Pattaya and using my internet.

The main reason I gave the boxes back was the appaling transmission quality I was receiving via cable up the top of Soi 88.

Happy to get the 3600 baht deposit back.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

People probably stick with the local cable due to cost and internet speed. To watch live sport on the weekend using the Internet you need to have a fast broadband. My standard TOT is not good enough. I have a CTH dish and only subscribe when I am here ( 3 months on/off rota) and use the free channels when away. Cheaper than True if you want F1 and MotoGP. I would love a cheaper alternative taking into account all costs.
I may well be wrong but am open to suggestions.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

TRUE satellite tv is not as bad as some people say, and it's basically your only option if you want to watch tv that doesn't require an always-on internet connection.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

^Looks like I'll have to eat my words.

The TRUE service technicians/installers took my PVR Hard Drive(2000+ baht) and did not refund the 1,000 Baht deposit/installation fee when my girlfriend cancelled our TRUE Platinum television service while I was in the U.S., they basically just stole 3000+ baht from me.
TRUE needs to do a better job of hiring and vetting their service technicians/installers or whatever they're called.
:cuss: :cuss: :banghead:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

What happened when you complained about this to TRUE?
This is the way
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

dtaai-maai wrote:What happened when you complained about this to TRUE?
I have not complained to TRUE about this yet, but I will update this thread when I do.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

So I had my girlfriend call TRUE this morning(as I don't speak Thai) to ask about getting the service turned back on and the PVR, and they claimed that they did not steal my PVR Hard Drive. :?
TIT