[ADVERTORIAL] Thai Expat TV

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Thai Expat TV

Post by Big Boy »

There is a lot of talk about additional channels being available e.g. German Sports channels. Are these available on my current package, or is there a surcharge?

I'm not saying that I would use them a lot, but I know that my German neighbor is often watching sport on his laptop that I don't have access to. If it's a sport I'm interested in, I'd simply kill the sound.

It would be nice to know what else is available.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I just did the 2 day trial on Expat TV, it was easy to set up and worked perfectly, not sure if teh channels work for me, I trend to watch more Discovery/History/Nat Geo channels and sport. Anyone wanting a good fix of Uk Tv will be in heaven!
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

thaiexpattv wrote:Hi Big Boy,

I think the post you are referring to is here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20911&start=15#p263641

H2ODunc, has obviously got his facts totally wrong or could be talking about another service. It has been said on numerous forums how good our sales/support is.

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your set top box within 30 days, you can send it back to us and we will issue you a FULL refund.

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/knowledgebase/2 ... -work.html

If you have issues with your set top box not working, depending on where you are located in Thailand:

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya - we will send an engineer out to the location next day to either fix or replace the box.
Rest of Thailand - the box will need to be posted back to us in Bangkok, upon receipt a replacement box will be sent back (return postage paid by Thai Expat TV).

At the end of the day we are not here to rip anyone off, we just want to keep our subscribers very happy and provide the best level of service as possible.

Many Thanks,
Thai Expat TV
can you tell me then how both the BBC and ITV say that what you are doing is without their permission so how can this be legal ?
Have you a license from the BBC and ITV to allow you to re broadcast their content ?
Legitimate UK TV here is a certain winner but a service that can be closed down at any time isn't.
The last one that was offering a similar service had to cease its broadcasts. it did though refund all those people who had paid for the service. I have asked several times for confirmation on the legality of this service and have yet to receive a definitive answer ?
I will be the first to apologise if my concerns are in fact incorrect.
I never forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

H2ODunc wrote:Legitimate UK TV here is a certain winner but a service that can be closed down at any time isn't.
Personally, I don't really care about the legality. It's a great service for less than 150 Baht per week. If somebody did pull the plug, what's the most somebody could lose? Just 600 Baht if they were unlucky enough to have the plug pulled on day one of their service.

I've recently been reading horror stories on here about True, and the monies they were trying to con out of people, and what they have been charging to rectify the problem.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

:agree: 100%

If you have a genuine concern for the principle of copyright, etc., I can understand this being an issue. In another thread someone specifically asked to be directed to a shop selling genuine Thai CDs. Matter of principle - fine :clap: , but it strikes me the bee in H20's bonnet is the possibility of losing money if the operation is shut down. That one is down to the consumer.

If you started with DreamBox last year, you would already be quids in even if it shuts down altogether.
With Expat TV there is precious little initial outlay and nothing at all to lose.

I'll definitely be trying it, I'm just waiting for a couple of days when I have time to watch TV!

More power to Thai Expat TV's elbow, says I. :cheers:
This is the way
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

can you tell me then how both the BBC and ITV say that what you are doing is without their permission so how can this be legal ?
Have you a license from the BBC and ITV to allow you to re broadcast their content ?
Legitimate UK TV here is a certain winner but a service that can be closed down at any time isn't.
The last one that was offering a similar service had to cease its broadcasts. it did though refund all those people who had paid for the service. I have asked several times for confirmation on the legality of this service and have yet to receive a definitive answer ?
I will be the first to apologise if my concerns are in fact incorrect.
Why even ask the question Dunc, agree completely with dm and bb. We live in Asia if you want to question every legality then you will be asking a whole lotta questions.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

H2ODunc wrote: can you tell me then how both the BBC and ITV say that what you are doing is without their permission so how can this be legal ?
So you've questioned the BCC and ITV on this service? If anybody has had the misfortune to invest in a set-top-box and the service then gets closed down, I guess they have you to thank?
The last one that was offering a similar service had to cease its broadcasts. it did though refund all those people who had paid for the service.
So you're worried about the service going down, and you're basing your concerns on a previous 'bad experience' where everybody involved got all their money back?

As others have said, when a cheap service comes along, you don't ask questions and if you feel the need to make use of it then you enjoy it while it lasts. What you don't do is tip off the copyright holders and potentially spoil the fun for everybody else.
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

I have lived here for a number of years. I am not complaining about it being illegal or semi legal. What does get my back up is people claimingit to be legal when it isn't. if I go to BKK to buy a computer I don't want to be told the windows 7 is genuine when it isn't. If they tell me it is dodgy then no worries. I bought a motorcycle several years ago. The guy told me up front that I could never get the bike book in my name but the owner had gone home to the UK, but he had the green book which would allow me to tax and insure it. I bought it and have had no trouble with owning it. The price I paid reflected not being able to change the book. A friend bought a big bike the same way but when he went to get the book put in his name he found it was a dodgy book and he lost the bike. Do people follow now. ?
I have nothing against it being dodgy I just want to be told the truth from day one not treated like some mug.
If people want to buy the box one day and find it is useless the next then that is up to them.
And for all you trying to put the b;ame on me if it closes down can I remind you it wasn't me that contacted bothe the BBc and ITV it was someone wanting to buy one of these boxes who was ignored when he asked the same question I asked.
I don't personally watch that much TV so am not really bothered. I have the true Platinum for the odd time I do want to watch TV and am happyish with that.
The previous company was giving it away free so I lost nothing from it !
All I asked is a simple question that has been ignored yet again from the company concerned ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

H2ODunc wrote:If people want to buy the box one day and find it is useless the next then that is up to them.
Nobody has to buy a box for this service. As far as I am concerned, this is an optional extra. Personally, I haven't decided whether to buy a box, or to buy a spare(ish) computer - there's always room in my household (son and grand children) for another computer.

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

H2ODunc wrote:I have lived here for a number of years. I am not complaining about it being illegal or semi legal. What does get my back up is people claimingit to be legal when it isn't.

All I asked is a simple question that has been ignored yet again from the company concerned ?
They haven't confirmed nor deny it. If you seriously expect a company to state on a public forum that their product isn't quite kosher then really, you're in for a disappointment.
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

Pleng wrote:
H2ODunc wrote:I have lived here for a number of years. I am not complaining about it being illegal or semi legal. What does get my back up is people claimingit to be legal when it isn't.

They haven't confirmed nor deny it. If you seriously expect a company to state on a public forum that their product isn't quite kosher then really, you're in for a disappointment.
But for you it is perfectly fine for them to claim it is 100% legitimate on an open forum ? :shock:
Look on forums around and the same questions are going unanswered. They don't need to post on the open forum. Send a PM and explain. As said i bought a bike with a book and have had no problem with it. it can never be put in my name but I knew that from day one. I had cable TV ripped off from true visions / UBC for around a year. My friend bought a box to receive the UBC channels a week before they changed their encryption codes. His box is now a paperweight.
As said if you want to take the chance then go for it.
I just don't like being told something is legal when it most certainly isn't no matter what it is
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Did I hear right that the absolute maximum you could possibly lose from using this sweet little option for UK TV ('were' anything to go wrong that is) is 600 baht. Not something to think about too much really. :D
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

H2ODunc wrote: I just don't like being told something is legal when it most certainly isn't no matter what it is
Look on the bright side - he hasn't told you to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I probably would have by now. :laugh:
For someone who doesn't care very much and hardly watches tv, you're taking a very keen interest. :?
This is the way
Skmly
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skmly »

Hello all

Just a thought but dont the new wifi tv's do the same thing???

Or is there a serious problem with good internet connection. :(
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

H2ODunc wrote:
Pleng wrote:

But for you it is perfectly fine for them to claim it is 100% legitimate on an open forum ? :shock:
I've bolded what I've said again. Have a reread. They haven't confirmed or denied it. Which you allude to yourself. I would not be OK with them claiming it's 100% legit. They haven't.
Look on forums around and the same questions are going unanswered. They don't need to post on the open forum. Send a PM and explain.
I just don't like being told something is legal when it most certainly isn't no matter what it is
You admit they haven't confirmed the legitimacy, and then get irritated at them for having apparently told you it's legit (which of course, as you say, they haven't done).

Sounds to me you're just after a barney.