True Fiber Optic Broadband

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: True Fiber Optic Broadband

Post by Pleng »

Pleng wrote: I notice that the true sport channels are listed on the set top box, but presumably not included in the standard package. Is it possible to upgrade the package to include them, do you know?
To answer my own questions... True sport is included but that's not going to get F1 coverage. For that you need Fox Sports which is in the Gold package.

No it is not possible to upgrade your free package to Gold at a discount rate. You have to pay the full amount if you want a Gold subscription. Either that or get the 200Mbps package, which includes Gold as standard - but at a fairly hefty 9,999bt per month!

Make sure you know which speed you're interested in before subscribing. My girlfriend called True to ask if we could upgrade to 20Mbps, on the proviso that if we didn't find a noticeable difference we could return back to 15. Before even getting to that issue, we were told we'd need a new router, at an additional 100bt, if we wanted to have the 20Mbps package. I really don't think that is the case but I wasn't prepared to keep at it, and so far am keeping with my 15Mps package.

ADDITIONALLY.... I also noted in their terms and conditions that they have a maximum amount of data per hour for all of their packages. Presumably after this time period they throttle your speed. This would make sense as when I am streaming in HD I find, no matter when or what I am watching, after about an hour the picture and sound break up quite badly. I will try streaming the second F1 practice today in low quality and see if the issues still arise or not.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Has anybody else who's using the DOCIS Cable service noticed a severe drop in connection quality in the last couple of weeks?
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Not here. I was gone overseas from the 9th to the 22nd, but since I've been back, it seems a fast as always. I'm on the 15Mbps/1.5Mbps DOCSIS plan on Soi 80.

In fact, just now (725pm on a Thursday):

hyku1147
Amateur
Amateur

True move H wifi

Post by hyku1147 »

Is Truemove H wifi available in the downtown area?

Thanks
supershrimp
Novice
Novice

True DOCSIS coverage?

Post by supershrimp »

Hi,

I'm moving to Hua Hin in a few weeks and I've read that even though internet reliability is mostly random, the True DOCSIS service is good.

Is there a map of coverage or something? I will probably go to a shop and ask but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I don't think there's a map of coverage but it would be the same as where their cable TV packages are available, if that helps?

If your near to the highway then I would think you'll be pretty safe. The further out of town you go, the less likely you will be able to get it.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have bought a Truemove 3G plug in for my laptop. At the moment I am sitting in MV and it works fine and also in several downtown locations, but where I live on Soi 102, (Close in, only 1K from railway) it will not connect. Of course at the TM store I just get blank looks--any ideas??
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

true wifi

Post by oakdale160 »

I boughta plug in to get hifi on my laptop and pay 399/month.
Where it works well, near MV in most downtown locations, it works fine. Butwhere I live on 102 (close in) no reception. I go to TRUE and say that it does not work on 102, they smile say yes that is true (no pun intended, but very appropriate.)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So have you made the same mistake twice :? ?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

@Oakdale, if your dongle supports 4G maybe you could try that? Failing that, try another company. :)
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Wifi coverages shown here. I don't know how reliable it is though.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/WIFI/TH/Tha ... d|coverage