E-books and e-book readers

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Post Reply
User avatar
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero
Posts: 14453
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: UK, Robin Hood country

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by dtaai-maai »

I had an email from z-library this morning confirming that they are back up and running and giving me a couple of personal links. They also gave this email address in case of problems: support@z-lib.se
This is the way
DDD
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by DDD »

I use the free library service app Libby. Gave it my Canada library card and can read books and magazines with good usability and no adds. Can set character size, etc. holding my iPad in portrait orientation makes reading magazines easy.

I like reading the weekly “The Guardian” from the UK and multiple books. Oh, many of the books are in readable or audio versions
Oh but to be wafted away
User avatar
joelle
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by joelle »

Is there a problem with Z-Library as I can't download books anymore?
Have managed before but now the download link doesn't appear anymore.
Am I doing something wrong maybe?
Have restarted my tablet but to no avail.
Any suggestions or advice welcome
PET
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by PET »

joelle wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:22 pm Is there a problem with Z-Library as I can't download books anymore?
Have managed before but now the download link doesn't appear anymore.
Am I doing something wrong maybe?
Have restarted my tablet but to no avail.
Any suggestions or advice welcome
This works for me at present

https://zlibrary-asia.se/https://zlibrary-asia.se/
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
User avatar
joelle
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by joelle »

Doesn't seem to work for me
Attachments
Screenshot_20230706-205940_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20230706-205940_Messenger.jpg (152.67 KiB) Viewed 3288 times
User avatar
joelle
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by joelle »

It doesn't matter anymore as I managed to download 6 books via Anna's Archive
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4401
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me
It doesn't work because you have used the url "https://zlibrary-asia.se/https://zlibrary-asia.se/" instead of "https://zlibrary-asia.se/"
Image
User avatar
joelle
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by joelle »

hhinner wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:31 pm
joelle wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me
It doesn't work because you have used the url "https://zlibrary-asia.se/https://zlibrary-asia.se/" instead of "https://zlibrary-asia.se/"
Image
Ok managed to get to the site and it's probably because they are doing some improvements that I couldn't download any books, will try again in a few days
Attachments
received_299966479143331.jpeg
(112.2 KiB) Downloaded 1136 times
User avatar
404cameljockey
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by 404cameljockey »

joelle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:02 am
hhinner wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:31 pm
joelle wrote:Doesn't seem to work for me
It doesn't work because you have used the url "https://zlibrary-asia.se/https://zlibrary-asia.se/" instead of "https://zlibrary-asia.se/"
Image
Ok managed to get to the site and it's probably because they are doing some improvements that I couldn't download any books, will try again in a few days
https://z-lib.is/
User avatar
joelle
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by joelle »

Pleased to confirm that Z-Library is back and running fine again ☺️☺️
Thanks for the helps :cheers:
User avatar
404cameljockey
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by 404cameljockey »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:44 pm
joelle wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:02 am
hhinner wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:31 pm It doesn't work because you have used the url "https://zlibrary-asia.se/https://zlibrary-asia.se/" instead of "https://zlibrary-asia.se/"
Image
Ok managed to get to the site and it's probably because they are doing some improvements that I couldn't download any books, will try again in a few days
https://z-lib.is/
Sorry, that's also down now. zlibrary-asia.se/ is the one as hhinner says
User avatar
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero
Posts: 14453
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: UK, Robin Hood country

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by dtaai-maai »

Anna's Archive has got really fussy, I've gone back to Z-library.
This is the way
User avatar
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 am
Location: Hua Hin
Contact:

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by Jack_Batty »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:20 am Anna's Archive has got really fussy, I've gone back to Z-library.
I love Z Library. They appear to have every single book I could ever hope to read. Just finished the latest Jack Reacher. Staring on the latest Jason Bourne book. Well, it’s Treadstone, anyways.
PET
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by PET »

Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:20 am Anna's Archive has got really fussy, I've gone back to Z-library.
I love Z Library. They appear to have every single book I could ever hope to read. Just finished the latest Jack Reacher. Staring on the latest Jason Bourne book. Well, it’s Treadstone, anyways.
Agree with what you say - I do not know what I would do without Z Library, as likewise they have all the books I want,
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
User avatar
buksida
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22878
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:25 pm
Location: south of sanity

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by buksida »

Likewise, reckon I've got a lifetime's worth of reading material off z-lib.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Post Reply