Modem/routers provided

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Yung

Modem/routers provided

Post by Yung »

I saw one guy in Hua Hin had a modem connected to his computer via USB, and I've seen it mentioned in other posts here. Is this the standard from the ADSL providers in Hua Hin or can you get a modem with a standard network cable connection? I would want this so that I can use a 3Com router that I have already.
buksida

Post by buksida »

If you already have a router you can connect that up with your LAN port and use it that way, you dont need the modem. ADSL modems can be connected both ways depending on the type but they're usually USB.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Yung

Post by Yung »

OK, good. I was thinking maybe they used only USB modems to prevent people from shareing the internet access (It wouldn't have been a problem to get around that anyway).
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Yung wrote:OK, good. I was thinking maybe they used only USB modems to prevent people from shareing the internet access (It wouldn't have been a problem to get around that anyway).
USB does not prevent people from sharing the internet from one paid up ADSL line. USB is used because it is cheap and is now the De Facto standard. As you say not a "problem to get around", in fact not a problem at all.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]