Computer service and repairs in Hua Hin?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Computer service and repairs in Hua Hin?

Post by hhfarang »

They're going to quote me for a new quad-core computer so we'll see how the price comparison develops.
I'd be interested in what that deal turns out to be... the hand crank starter on my Dell Dimension circa 2000 Pentium III is beginning to wear out. :(
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

barrys wrote:There's a fairly new computer sales/repair shop in Pranburi.

My gf went to buy a 4-port ADSL wireless router in HH and was quoted 2,500 baht.

I got it for 1,900 from the place in Pranburi.

They're going to quote me for a new quad-core computer so we'll see how the price comparison develops.

The owner of the shop speaks pretty good English, too.
Please can you describe, where this new computer shop in Pranburi is situated.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Most computer stores in town (amongst other things) have the usual "Hua Hin Premium" on their prices and end up being about 25% more expensive than hardware vendors in Bangkok.

Here is a rough guide to what you should be paying: www.thanni.com

I've always shopped at the IT-net store near the Shell garage on Petchkasem, he can get you hardware at Bangkok prices.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Pitsch wrote: "Please can you describe, where this new computer shop in Pranburi is situated"

Hi Pitsch,

If you're coming from Kao Kalok (I think that's where you live??), take the road to Pranburi leading from Paknampran.

Go past the TOT office and a bit further on there's a row of shops just before you reach the school on the left.

The last shop in the row is a wedding dress hire place.
The shop before it is the computer store.

It almost directly opposite the big hardware and building supplies shop.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Thanks for that info very good of you to be of help Siani
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Siani wrote:Thanks for the info, it is interesting. Are there any non Thai's repairing computers do you know? I do not speak Thai at all, but hope to learn in time. Thanks Siani
InvadeIT at 60/22 Petchkasem Road, HH. Owned a couplem of Danes who speak English.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

barrys wrote:Pitsch wrote: "Please can you describe, where this new computer shop in Pranburi is situated"

Hi Pitsch,

If you're coming from Kao Kalok (I think that's where you live??), take the road to Pranburi leading from Paknampran.

Go past the TOT office and a bit further on there's a row of shops just before you reach the school on the left.

The last shop in the row is a wedding dress hire place.
The shop before it is the computer store.

It almost directly opposite the big hardware and building supplies shop.
Thank you, I will look for them next time.
I was in another computer shop in Pranburi (if you come from Hua Hin, betwwen the second and third light on the left side) to repair my Epson Printer. But the repair would have been more expensive than a new printer for 2200 Baht. Printers are nowadays a disposable article, because the ink cartridges cause the main costs.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

barrys wrote:There's a fairly new computer sales/repair shop in Pranburi.

My gf went to buy a 4-port ADSL wireless router in HH and was quoted 2,500 baht.

I got it for 1,900 from the place in Pranburi.

The owner of the shop speaks pretty good English, too.
Many thanks sounds good place. siani
jtom
Novice
Novice

Post by jtom »

Guru, do you have a phone number for this guy Jump please?
jtom
Novice
Novice

Post by jtom »

Sorry the first time I use this forum, the above question is for Moja.
buksida

Post by buksida »

jtom wrote:Sorry the first time I use this forum, the above question is for Moja.
The topic is 4 years old so it is unlikely they have the number or the person/shop is still in business.

Why dont you post the problem on the Digital Surgery so one of our resident gurus can assist?

Failing that take it to K.Ton on Soi 39.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
armycw4ret

Post by armycw4ret »

Best computer repair shop by far is the shop near by the grand hotel/just before san Paulo hospital coming from the south on the main drag next to the wine alcohol shop. They speak good enough English and do not rip you off.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

armycw4ret wrote:Best computer repair shop by far is the shop near by the grand hotel/just before san Paulo hospital coming from the south on the main drag next to the wine alcohol shop. They speak good enough English and do not rip you off.
Not a patch on Ton on Soi 39 and too expensive and sometimes stumped for solutions. More interested in selling than helping IMO
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I've always gotten excellent service and very decent prices from Khun Don. He was originally at Shell garage but is now on soi 56, roughly 70 meters from the Canal Road traffic lights.

Sorry no number, but he definitely is worth visiting.
Attachments
DON.jpg
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Farang

That's the one I use and meant and erroneously posted Ton on Soi 39 :oops: :oops:

number is 032534616
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.