HHAD can of worms

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

HHAD can of worms

Post by Lev »

We thrive on feedback in our efforts to constantly improve this site and make it the best one on the planet :mrgreen:

I'm starting this thread to give you the chance to say what you don't like about HHAD and make a suggestion on how to remedy it.

If you want to reply it should include the gripe and the suggested solution to keep it balanced, fair and free from rants.

We'll try not to get too upset but can we ask you to leave out comments on our linking policy as that has already been heavily discussed.

Now for that can of worms ...
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

you only want the worms for when you go fishing !
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Jaime wrote:

I don't think the logo helps either!

All changing slowly slowly, its no longer on Front page if you notice. Lev

Above from the other thread. Not that I don't like the name HHAD but, the site and forum seems to have little to do with the "after dark" title any longer. Perhaps consider a complete name change, or something where "AD" can still be used...after drinking, after divorce, after dawn, all day...I'm sure this group can come up with dozens more....LOL. :D Pete
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Lev,
Not much of a gripe, and one I've mentioned before, but it is a tad annoying that we can't see the date of the original post on each thread; obviously the solution is to code it in but I think you said before it can't be done. It might make it easier to spot someone resurrecting old posts for absolutely no reason though...
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

"AD"
Anno Domini :P
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Wanderlust wrote:Lev,
Not much of a gripe, and one I've mentioned before, but it is a tad annoying that we can't see the date of the original post on each thread; obviously the solution is to code it in but I think you said before it can't be done. It might make it easier to spot someone resurrecting old posts for absolutely no reason though...
Another possibility here though is to close threads that have obviously been done and dusted and there would be no reason to re-open in the future. An example of threads like this would be the recent plethora of threads generated by the World Cup.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Some good feedback there, I'll try to answer a few points:

Pete: A domain name change is out of the question as we will lose three years of Google rankings and most of our traffic. The only way around this is to build another site, this probably wont be successful either as most of the information will be duplicated.

Wander: I'll get the guru's to have a look at the phpBB site to see if there is a modification that will show a date on the thread instead of the post.

Guess: This is a possibility, the only downfall is there will be lots of duplicates as people cant reply to the original.

Any more?
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Lev wrote:Wander: I'll get the guru's to have a look at the phpBB site to see if there is a modification that will show a date on the thread instead of the post.
I think what I really want is under the thread starter name the date it was started and the current latest reply name and date. Not one or the other :D