'Immigration' section

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

'Immigration' section

Post by dtaai-maai »

I know the forum likes to avoid multiple threads on the same topic, and that's quite understandable as this can make finding information quite difficult.

At present there is a "Legal, visa, finances and employment" section. My suggestion is that this should be divided into 2 new sections:
1. Legal and financial
2. Immigration (visas, extensions, reporting, etc.)

In addition to this, within the new Immigration section (or within the current section if Admin keeps it as it is), there should be 'stickies' at the top for the different aspects of immigration:
Visas (i.e. entry clearance from abroad)
Retirement extensions
Marriage/family extensions
Employment/work permits
90 day reporting

This would make it much easier to find the info you need without ploughing through page after page of thread titles and would 'tidy up' that part of the forum.

Yours administratively,
D-M xx

(EDIT: It also occurs to me that it might save Lomuamart from having to repeat the same advice time after time!)
Last edited by dtaai-maai on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the way
barry720

Re: 'Immigration' section

Post by barry720 »

Agreed. Good idea.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Speaking as me, not a Moderator, the idea is sound, but which threads would you suggest turning into stickies?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Unless one of you lucky chaps wants to spend hours ploughing through and combining umpteen existing threads, I'd suggest starting new ones titled as above:

Visas (i.e. entry clearance from abroad)
Retirement extensions
Marriage/family extensions
Employment/work permits
90 day reporting

... with some of the key relevant info imported from existing threads to kick them off.
There may of course be much better ways to do it, but I'm merely offering food for thought.
This is the way