Picture size(pixels/kb) on the Forum?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Picture size(pixels/kb) on the Forum?

Post by huahin4ever »

Hi,

As it is 2014 and the digital world has advanced a bit the last couple of decades I find it strange that the picture size should still be limited to 200kb and 800 pixels on the Forum. I'm a member of different other Fora and they don't have this limitation, or the posting takes care of the re-sizing. From the Forum owners perspective I can see why they limit the size, but for members it is a hazzle.

I don't know if it is possible, but if the limitation is to maintain, maybe an upgrade to the posting process would make it easier for members to post pictures? I.e. when adding a picture to your post, you can add whatever size you want and the posting process does the conversion automatically to the limits set by the Forum???

IMO this is easier than seeing posts where users struggle to upload pictures due to the limitations, and they may not have the computer knowledge to do the re-sizing/shrinking etc.

Any opinions on this???
YNWA
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Picture size(pixels/kb) on the Forum?

Post by blue05 »

:agree:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Picture size(pixels/kb) on the Forum?

Post by Lev »

We are currently looking into software modifications to improve photo posting however with phpBB, which is what this forum runs on, options are somewhat limited. We will continue researching though.

In the meantime we have increased image size to 1000px and 250Kb which should be more than large enough for most screens.