Icons on the forum

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
khmer
Amateur
Amateur

Icons on the forum

Post by khmer »

Can someone tell me the meaning of the little icons to the left of my topits are and how to understand them, they look like bells
:cheers:
LIVE FOR TODAY FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME !!!!!....
buksida

Re: icons

Post by buksida »

faq.php should explain most of the workings of the forum.

Would also help if you used more than one word to explain your topic titles ... :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
khmer
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Icons on the forum

Post by khmer »

Will try my best to comply with your rules but being new its not easy to find yr way around this site, was only asking for help
khmer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by khmer »

Tried FAQ but could not find what I was looking for thats why I asked, was thinking other members might be helpful to a rookie
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Those little things are chilies, not bells. They fill with color as you reach certain posting levels, and your title changes at certain levels as well. I'm not sure of the scale, but you can see examples by looking at those belonging to others on the board. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What is my rank and how do I change it?
Ranks, which appear below your username, indicate the number of posts you have made or identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators. In general, you cannot directly change the wording of any board ranks as they are set by the board administrator. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank. Most boards will not tolerate this and the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.
The number of chillies is a visual representation of the number of posts you have made. You will be awarded your first chilli at 25 posts.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Big Boy wrote:
What is my rank and how do I change it?
Ranks, which appear below your username, indicate the number of posts you have made or identify certain users, e.g. moderators and administrators. In general, you cannot directly change the wording of any board ranks as they are set by the board administrator. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank. Most boards will not tolerate this and the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.
The number of chillies is a visual representation of the number of posts you have made. You will be awarded your first chilli at 25 posts.
Which he will reach very soon!
:wink:
A friend is only one click away
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

khmer wrote:Tried FAQ but could not find what I was looking for thats why I asked, was thinking other members might be helpful to a rookie

It can be confusing sometimes :? Ask away...we were all newbies once! Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it :)
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

khmer wrote:Can someone tell me the meaning of the little icons to the left of my topits are and how to understand them, they look like bells
:cheers:
The icons next to the topic headings do resemble bells but are probably supposed to look like a piece of paper.

or a folder ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And this thread appeared so... normal... when it started! :shock: :? :laugh:
This is the way
khmer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by khmer »

Ok so they are bitx of paper so what doex if mean when they move, does it mean something and why are they there
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

And now, some people may be able to see why there are so many of the population in Australia against immigration! :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Paper? Bells? Movement? What forum are we talking about?

Weird.
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

caller wrote:Paper? Bells? Movement? What forum are we talking about?

Weird.
:D We are talking about the chilli icons on the left :?
khmer wrote:Ok so they are bitx of paper so what doex if mean when they move, does it mean something and why are they there
Khmer :? I preferred it when you called them bells :D At least "Bell chillies" are close to what they are supposed to be. To me they instantly resemble the chilli plant :wink:
As Big Boy said previously...."The number of chillies is a visual representation of the number of posts you have made. You will be awarded your first chilli at 25 posts".
So the more post you make, the more chillies you get :P
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

Siani wrote:
caller wrote:Paper? Bells? Movement? What forum are we talking about?

Weird.
:D We are talking about the chilli icons on the left :?
khmer wrote:Ok so they are bitx of paper so what doex if mean when they move, does it mean something and why are they there
Khmer :? I preferred it when you called them bells :D At least "Bell chillies" are close to what they are supposed to be. To me they instantly resemble the chilli plant :wink:
As Big Boy said previously...."The number of chillies is a visual representation of the number of posts you have made. You will be awarded your first chilli at 25 posts".
So the more post you make, the more chillies you get :P
It's not the chilli icons indicating rank that are being referred to but those on the index page next to each topic or thread. The icons there resemble bells but are probably intended to be folders or notepaper that 'shake' to indicate something or other from time to time.
Possibly to show new posts when you log in