Thailand Classifieds?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Thailand Classifieds?

Post by Green Nomad »

Hello,

Have had an ad on the free Hua Hin Classifieds website for about 2 weeks now, listing my property in Hua Hin for sale. Then today I received an email stating ''Thank you for submitting your ad for Thailand Classifieds'' and asking for payment for a highlighted advert, I have gone to the link for the website and indeed our house is listed there and on a so called highlighted ad.

Has anyone heard of this website and/or had there free ad listed this way?...

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks, GN. :?
buksida

Re: Thailand Classifieds?

Post by buksida »

It is nothing to do with this forum, the classifieds portals affiliated with HHF are:

Forum Classifieds (free personal, paid property): viewforum.php?f=6
Forum Property (professional real estate listings): http://www.propertyhuahin.net/
Hua Hin Classifieds (free personal): http://www.classifiedshuahin.com/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks Buksida, will ignore any further emails from this site. Not sure how they got y details, ust be they just latch on, and hope I go ahead and pay for the service. Normally, as you know listing a property even with an agent is free but only subject to commission on sale.

Thanks Again GN.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

This practice is a common scam in the UK, where the ad is copied and placed elsewhere, then a bill comes in asking for payment. Especially an issue for large organisations, most of whom will be aware of it.
Talk is cheap
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Thanks for the info, Caller. What do you suggest I can do? other than ignore. GN.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm not sure reporting them to the Thai Police would be much help! I don't know what advice to offer apart from ignore them?
Talk is cheap