spam adertising

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

spam adertising

Post by StevePIraq »

Anyone else sick of the spam advertising like the one at the top of the forum page and the ones with the cockroach in it?

I am also having a major hassle of being continually diverted to a Thai Apple I5 site and a Thai computer site, anyone know how to stop this, even clicking oin the small x on the tab just sends me to another site, I have done the usual updating of antivirus and scanning my computer.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Re: spam adertising

Post by poosmate »

I use do not track me . Free and simple no ads :cheers:
no more dePreston
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Whoopie, downloaded "do not track me" and its working great already, thanks a ton mate
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

There is no spam here, our moderators are quick to delete it. The ads you see are Google generated, if you don't like them just ignore them, there are no popups or any other redirects on this FREE forum so suggest you examine what other websites/tabs you have open.

Telling people how to circumnavigate the very things that are keeping this board online and free for you all really doesn't help us at all. :guns:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

StevePIraq wrote:a major hassle of being continually diverted to a Thai Apple I5 site and a Thai computer site,
I picked up that problem from Facebook. It went again after doing my regular housekeeping of Avast, Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care - no idea which one got rid of it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

The Thai I 5 and computer site were driving me crazy as no matter where I click another tab would open and even closing a tab would open another tab. Anyway all sorted now
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

StevePIraq wrote:I am also having a major hassle of being continually diverted to a Thai Apple I5 site and a Thai computer site
Having exactly the same problem over the past 2 days - complete pain in the @rse, but as LEV says zip to do with HH Forum.

Will download "do not track me" and see how it goes....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: I picked up that problem from Facebook.
Therein lies the problem ... :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I'm normally quite careful on Facebook, but there are so many traps to fall into, it's inevitable that one of them is going to get you occassionally.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18