Is a Russian forum needed on HHAD?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.

Does HHAD need a Russian section?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 15

Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: Is a Russian forum needed on HHAD?

Post by Terry »

Lived and worked in Moscow for calendar year of '90 and commuted regularly on a project there between mid 87 and end '91.

Found the Muscovites great folk - good humoured and always up for fun.

A lot of bad press since the end of Glasnost & Perestroika regarding the mafia - but probably no worse than other countries I know!

Agree with Pete - if after a week or so there is no response from our friends then it's probably not worth it.

Pucheemyaw Nyet!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

poosmate wrote:IMO I think that the whole forum should be conducted in English. The common language of the business and internet. Foreign language threads will start to become private clubs and defeat the object of a forum.
Bit like walking into a pub in Wales where everyone stops and speaks Welsh as a stranger enters.
I think there is enough foreign language already in the Current Affairs and the Health section :?

I agree with you 100%
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Must admit Admin that it would be interesting to know how the hits from within Thailand split up to which areas/provinces or which cities, other than HH obviously, they are all coming from.

Now that would be some interesting demographics.

Can, or 'will', you do that, possible?
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
buksida

Post by buksida »

Due to the lack of response from any Ruskis I'd be inclined to think those figures are spam bots or something similar since Russia is responsible for the most spam on the planet (closely followed by India and China). The 'hits' and page view figures don't correlate.

Sf, as far as I know the current stats system cannot do provincial breakdowns.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson