Does the forum advertise itself?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Does the forum advertise itself?

Post by Spitfire »

Just being inquisitive here, I know the forum sells advertising, but does the forum advertise itself outside Hua Hin at all? I know it is a Hua Hin oriented publication but with over 4000 members then it could easily be considered as one of the larger forums here in LOS after the two unmentionables and is a country mile better than them anyhow.

Sorry if this sounds too pertinent Admin/Mods, not designed to be, genuine question, but if you don't then why do you not? The forum is popular, and not just in Hua Hin.

Just a thought, but I remember the thread about merchandise etc, why not when you next have a beach party then give out some car stickers, t-shirts, stationary etc to be spread out to goodness knows where? I'd love to have a HHAD sticker for my pickup, maybe you can post me one Norseman if I can't make it :D .

Think there was one about avatars too in the past.

I know these are not the best economic times for businesses and am not trying to make work for you, but was wondering about this subject as you seem to have so much right and a good product that a bit of exposure would probably yield good results, as in more members and hits, hence more selling of advert space/sponsors. As you have said, HHAD does sell advertising, doesn't it make sense to advertise yourself?

Forgive me if you already do on the Internet etc and I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but if so then could you let everyone know where, would love to look it up.

Just me asking a layman's question. :oops:

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Does the forum advertise itself?

Post by Norseman »

Spitfire wrote:maybe you can post me one Norseman
Nah. I'd better hand it over personally because that could be worth a beer or two. :cheers:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

:lach: , hands up! :oops: I will be down when the slave drivers at my Uni cut me some slack, on me man when it happens.

The rest was a genuine question though. :cheers:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I know they do, it's well up the rankings of the most popular search engine!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Spitfire wrote: Sorry if this sounds too pertinent Admin/Mods, not designed to be, genuine question, but if you don't then why do you not? The forum is popular, and not just in Hua Hin.
Thank you for the compliments and generous comparisons but essentially we are a small local forum for a small local town with a population of approximately 75,000 inhabitants and 3-4,000 expats. To compare us with national forums is simply unjust despite the fact that many of them see us as competitors.

In days gone by we did generate a generous following largely through the efforts of the late great Dr Dave Soul Monsta who endeavoured to plaster HHAD memorabilia over anything that wasn't in motion at the time and often when it was.

Things have changed since then, and HHAD has been sued, shafted, betrayed, belittled, plagiarised, raped, pillaged and simply slagged off by various members of Hua Hin's farang community for one reason or another.

On the flip side we have also brought people together, created new friendships and relationships, donated computers to schools, increased profits for local grass-roots businesses, assisted the local tourism trade when times have been hard, and generally provided a bit of entertainment for our readership now and then.

So in answer to the OP, no we don't advertise ourselves, Google does a good job of it through the efforts of our technical gurus and our business partners at huahinmedia.com, we do hope that most genuine people that find us through whatever channel end up staying, whether physically in Hua Hin or virtually online.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Thank you for your dignified response and explanation Lev, I will defer to your judgement as I don't live in HH, but I have heard of people that speak of your forum in Korat/Khon Kaen that are not members but are aware of it and call it a proper forum.

Many thanks for your explanation and I think there are many that are aware of HHAD, even if in the far flung parts of Thailand.

That's probably why the larger forums don't like it, because you're recognised and a threat to them, can't be any other reason, actually, it's a compliment really, they're worried, otherwise they wouldn't get their nickers in a twist.

:cheers:

Norseman, I still want my car sticker, even if it's for a few beers. :laugh:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I still have my HHAD T-shirt!

Must be a collectors item by now? :laugh:

Car stickers, beer mats, key rings etc, are really, really cheap to produce in the UK as are many other 'marketables'. Is it the same in LOS?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote:I still have my HHAD T-shirt!

Must be a collectors item by now? :laugh:
They're still building one large enough for me :cry:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

With respect Lev I think you are being too modest about the spread and impact of HHAD. So what if others find it a threat? That's business. Sadly many ventures/businesses in HH have come under attack at one time or other - for some reason it seems to be par for the course there. Some expats just don't seem to like seeing others doing well.
In that respect HH compares unfavourably (for once) with Pattaya IMO. Certainly in the merchandising front. And with the greatest respect to Dr Dave - wouldn't he have liked to have known that his advertising efforts were being continued? Just a thought... :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well said Mags

As most people know I trawl and post on many sites both in Thailand and overseas and HHAD is by far the best regulated and informative. Many critics, but as you have pointed out that is the price of success

Ride on HHAD :cheers:

So my HHAD shirt is a collectors item. Any bids?????

:cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard wrote:So my HHAD shirt is a collectors item. Any bids?????

:cheers: :cheers:
Would it fit me :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

The forum latest topics are syndicated onto a lot of other websites such as this one, which does wonders for bringing in extra traffic - there is always something of interest to someone there.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson