Classified section approval

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Classified section approval

Post by Spitfire »

I've posted a couple of times on a recent thread in the "Classified" section and the post has to be approved first, OK, understand that you need to keep the idiots/spammers etc off it and that was the reason for locking it in the first place. I'm also sure it's the reason for the present set of rules for it too.

However, the point/suggestion here is that is it possible to exclude posters from the approval senario that have say 100 or 200 post or that you are OK with.

Just an idea, know it's a sensitive one, but just a thought as it would still be easy to moderate or if so spammed, then locked/deleted.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Classified section approval

Post by Spitfire »

Ah, sorry, missed the edit window, but as of this moment in time, still have a post "pending" approval that I made over an hour ago.

Just an idea to perhaps speed up or encourage more posting in said section.

buksida

Post by buksida »

That's a bit advanced for the software limitations I think, its all in approval queue or none which is done, as you know, to stop the spammers (which are seeping back in to the forum).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

OK, understand, just a thought, thanks for the reply. Sure the spammers are ever persistent.