Thread shelf life?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Thread shelf life?

Post by Spitfire »

Well, this is a question/suggestion,

What's the deal with old threads? What I mean is, when do they become old enough that they shouldn't be resurrected to the top of the "Latest Topics" section again? Is it just implied in forum etiquette that you don't do it?

When it happens, then it's difficult to zen back into the topic to remember what's been said without re-reading a good bit of it, especially if no-one has replied for a couple of months or more.

I know it's not an easy thing to make a policy for but perhaps after so long (e.g. maybe 6 months) they should be left to be archive viewing material only or resurrectable upon request to a mod. If someone wants to start a new thread regarding what they wanted to post, then fine, better, as a new thread is started and new opinions/info can be vented. Surely this would be better as people's positions often slowly change or have something new to add.

I'm sure this has been discussed before too but I find it a bit confusing when it happens and you get a post every 2-3 months on a thread that's in the throws of it's last gasps.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I think our Moderators will soon let you know if the thread is too old to resurrect.

They let me know quick-time, when I didn't know any better. Image
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.